This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hub vs PLM

Is there an advantage to using an Insteon Hub over a PLM?

not really; other than being able to place the hub anywhere in your house that has a network drop and outlet. With the PLM, you must be able to run a line from the PLM to the hs server. Some users like to be able to use the insteon app in case homeseer is down. But if you want to use the insteon app, you must maintain that separately from homeseer. The plugin does not interact with anything the insteon app does to the Hub.

Also, the plm is more responsive to changes on the insteon network than the hub
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Does that mean that if you turn off a light with the insteon app, homeseer only knows about the light's new status if it polls the light?

Comment

Originally posted by baudi View Post
        Does that mean that if you turn off a light with the insteon app, homeseer only knows about the light's new status if it polls the light?
        if you enable the 'process ACKs" feature on the advanced tab of the plugin, hs should see the transaction
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

I think I'll stay with the PLM. The next choice I have is to stay with the PLM moved from a previous system that is at least 10 years old a newer one purchased last year. When I started noticing issues others were having with PLMs I decided to stay with a well tested older unit.

Comment

Originally posted by scaleste View Post
            I think I'll stay with the PLM. The next choice I have is to stay with the PLM moved from a previous system that is at least 10 years old a newer one purchased last year. When I started noticing issues others were having with PLMs I decided to stay with a well tested older unit.
            sounds like a good plan
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
            X