X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hub Died, what to replace with

Hi Mark,

My original Insteon Hub died and I have to replace it with something. I think you always recommend the Insteon Serial Modem Interface (2413S), but I wanted to make sure before I bought it or if there were any other recommendations for interfacing all my Insteon equipment with HomeSeer.

Oh, and is there any guidance for setting up the system again on the new interface... or am I starting from scratch?

Thanks!
    Chance

Get the 2413s If you have a physical serial port. Otherwise get the 2413u

there is a swap interface routine that will reprogram the existing links. No need to start over.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

What are you going to use for a controller that plugs into the PLM? I use a Zee S2 HomeTroller works well if you only need 4 max plugins.

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
        Get the 2413s If you have a physical serial port. Otherwise get the 2413u

there is a swap interface routine that will reprogram the existing links. No need to start over.
        Awesome, thank you. Hopefully it'll arrive soon!

Originally posted by allenc3 View Post
        What are you going to use for a controller that plugs into the PLM? I use a Zee S2 HomeTroller works well if you only need 4 max plugins.
        I have one of my computers running HomeSeer!

Comment

Hi,

Did you check the capacitors of the hub? See https://forum.insteon.com/forum/main...king-red-light
          I fixed my hub for under a dollar.

Jeroen

Comment

I have a Hub and a PLM. However, I haven't hooked up the PLM yet because I don't want to lose the functionality of the Insteon App. What, if any, are there to having both running in the same household? Maybe use the PLM for HS and the Hub for the Insteon iOS device.

Comment

Originally posted by mgonzales100 View Post
              I have a Hub and a PLM. However, I haven't hooked up the PLM yet because I don't want to lose the functionality of the Insteon App. What, if any, are there to having both running in the same household? Maybe use the PLM for HS and the Hub for the Insteon iOS device.
              you can do that. there is no guarantee that the both apps will stay up to date.

with my plugin, you can enable 'Process ACKs" which will update status when it sees devices sending messages back to the Hub.
              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
              Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
              Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
              Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by JeroenvV View Post
                Hi,

Did you check the capacitors of the hub? See https://forum.insteon.com/forum/main...king-red-light
                I fixed my hub for under a dollar.

Jeroen
                Thanks for the suggestion. When I took the hub apart, the capacitors looked fine. On the underside though, there looks to be a a resistor or two that shorted.

I have the PLM up and running and it was a pretty easy process. Thanks again Mark for making it simple!

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post

you can do that. there is no guarantee that the both apps will stay up to date.

with my plugin, you can enable 'Process ACKs" which will update status when it sees devices sending messages back to the Hub.
                  Thanks

Comment

Working...
                  X