Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Keypad with load disconnected, why can Button A not be triggered on an ON or an OFF ?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keypad with load disconnected, why can Button A not be triggered on an ON or an OFF ?

I naturally thought that I could trigger on an ON and an OFF on every button of a keypad. But it seems that the event create logic wants to disagree and not let me...

This reverts back to wanting a Dim(value)% , so how do you trigger just a press in toggle mode if you wish to light to show?

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.PNG Views:	0 Size:	24.2 KB ID:	1388227

I cannot figure out if it is a limitation of the keypad device itself, the HS3 event logic getting in the way, or something specific with Insteon plugin...

EDIT: I just realized that it is ONLY with the ON that this weird behavior happens, the OFF is a valid event config. I just "assumed" makes an *** of me! that OFF was the same...

Help?

A

so you are having trouble configuring a trigger for button A changes and becomes On? is that right
    Last edited by mnsandler; May 24, 2020, 03:56 PM. Reason: so you are having trouble configuring a trigger for button A changes and becomes On? is that right
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Have you tried configuring the Insteon Special Trigger/device transmit an On command?
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

I have posted 3.0.7.25 in the beta section of the Updater. Please give it a try. you might need to enable/disable the Detached Load to get the plugin in sync with the device
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
          so you are having trouble configuring a trigger for button A changes and becomes On? is that right
          Yes. Event won't allow this config shown below to 'stick' , and the drop down immediately reverts to Dim (value)%. Doesn't behave like this with OFF

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	91
Size:	27.6 KB
ID:	1388427

Comment

Have you tried configuring the Insteon Special Trigger/device transmit an On command?
            Not familiar with this. I didn't see anything related in the Insteon device config, and no options in the event. Maybe in scripting, but didn't look.

Info?

Comment

I have posted 3.0.7.25 in the beta section of the Updater. Please give it a try. you might need to enable/disable the Detached Load to get the plugin in sync with the device
              OK, I will give it a try later, after I've got my errors sorted. This one is more an annoyance at this time.

Thanks,
              Andrew

Comment

the plugin doesn't control the trigger definition you are trying, that is an HS trigger. Not sure why the On state is giving you trouble.

do you see the same problem with other KPL Buttons? or is it just the A button

Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

the plugin doesn't control the trigger definition you are trying, that is an HS trigger. Not sure why the On state is giving you trouble.

do you see the same problem with other KPL Buttons? or is it just the A button
                  No problem with any of the other 7 buttons. I have events that control Sonos and other Insteon devices all controlled by the 'ON' trigger... perfectly.

Me thinks (IMHO) something is assuming that a keypad button A is always a dimmer...

Not a big deal at the moment, I have free buttons that I can use instead, but would be good to be able to use all 8 buttons on my 'relatively expensive' Insteon keypad.

Comment

Originally posted by amr42 View Post

No problem with any of the other 7 buttons. I have events that control Sonos and other Insteon devices all controlled by the 'ON' trigger... perfectly.

Me thinks (IMHO) something is assuming that a keypad button A is always a dimmer...

Not a big deal at the moment, I have free buttons that I can use instead, but would be good to be able to use all 8 buttons on my 'relatively expensive' Insteon keypad.
                    On a KPL dimmer i do define the A Button as dimmable whereas the others are not .

I would suggest using the Insteon Special trigger.
                    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

On a KPL dimmer i do define the A Button as dimmable whereas the others are not.
                      OK, but when Button A is disconnected from the load (a valid Insteon keypad configuration item) then dimming means nothing. Actually, your plugin creates a new device called 'Load' which would be controllable by dimming (IMHO). As I said before, no biggie for me right now.

I would suggest using the Insteon Special trigger.
                      I'm still not familiar with what you mean by the "Insteon Special trigger". Can you direct me to a manual page, or useful URL please?

Thx,
                      A

Comment

Name:	trigger list.png
Views:	86
Size:	71.8 KB
ID:	1388513
                        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Name:	trigger list.png
Views:	86
Size:	71.8 KB
ID:	1388513
                          Got it. Thx.

Comment

Working...
                          X