X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anything to report? the other user's system is running pretty well
    Mark

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 (by Kirby) | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | NetCAM | MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Jon00 Charting
    Platform: HP h8-1360t, Windows Server 2012 R2, i7-3.4GHz, 16GB memory

Comment

Until now the system is functioning without any crash. Sometimes I notice a new message:
      Sep-09 20:23:18 Insteon Hub.GetXMLBuffer still busy
      but that does stop the system from operating.
      Also I notice sometimes a buffer write/get of several seconds but the system stays operational then also.

Comment

Yes this is all expected and normal.
        I realized the the hub is just going to take its time. And I have to left it
        Mark

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 (by Kirby) | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | NetCAM | MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Jon00 Charting

Comment

Everything still working ok? can you post a log file? I'm curious to see your times.

One thing, I believe you currently have the Advanced/Get Buffer Interval set at 2000. this will affect how quickly the plugin can respond to an inbound msg from say a motion sensor or switch that you use as a trigger. You might try dropping this to 1000 if you need a quicker response. Otherwise 2000 is the current default.
          Mark

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534

Comment

I will try the shorter buffer interval.
            Enclosed you will find a no-crash log :-)
            Attached Files

Comment

That's good new. thanks for the log. it looks very clean. you might notice a few more Busy messages with a lower buffer interval, but it shouldn't be a problem.

To stress test it, I've run tests at 30 and 40 msecs, and it continues to work. but the down side is it can block up the hub so some device msgs are missed.
              Mark

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534

Comment

Still going strong with 1000 ms.

Comment

Originally posted by JeroenvV View Post
                  Still going strong with 1000 ms.
                  that's great to hear. thanks for the reporting back.

btw what is your other hub setting "Response Time (secs)"?
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534

Comment

Response Time is set to 3 secs

Comment

Originally posted by JeroenvV View Post
                      Response Time is set to 3 secs
                      your call, but you could probably drop that down to 2 or even 1. this will have the plugin retry/resend sooner if the hub doesn't respond.

in general, lower numbers will make the plugin seem more responsive when you use triggers based on insteon messages, or control devices from the UI and see a delay in the update in the UI.

the other user is is running at 2000 and 2 respectively without issue.he only has about 10 registered devices (so a small installation)
                      Mark

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534

Comment

I'll try.

Comment

Buffer Interval 1000 and Response Time 2 no problem.

Comment

great. thanks for reporting back.
                            Mark

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534

Comment

Working...
                            X