This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Micro-open-close-module does not completely open screen...solved

After closing a screen a certain percentage the screen does not open completely following an open command.
    The only way to return the screen to full open is closing it completely and then open it.

I am using the Micro Module Shutter(controller) 2444-422
    Plugin version 3.0.7.22

Originally posted by JeroenvV View Post
    After closing a screen a certain percentage the screen does not open completely following an open command.
    The only way to return the screen to full open is closing it completely and then open it.

I am using the Micro Module Shutter(controller) 2444-422
    Plugin version 3.0.7.22
    This sounds to me that the actual screen motor is not accepting your Insteon device's 'open' command (Live on L1/L2) whilst still in a position between fully open and fully closed. How are you returning the screen to the fully closed position in your second sentence?

Are you able to use the buttons on the face of the module to open and close the screen from a partially open or closed position?

A

Comment

I return the screen in a fully closed position by first opening it fully using the Insteon app and then closing it again using the same app.

I tried the same trick using Homeseer and that also returns the screen in a fully closed position.

Repetitively closing and opening the screen 80% worsens the offset.

Comment

Originally posted by JeroenvV View Post
        I return the screen in a fully closed position by first opening it fully using the Insteon app and then closing it again using the same app.

I tried the same trick using Homeseer and that also returns the screen in a fully closed position.

Repetitively closing and opening the screen 80% worsens the offset.
        To keep all the behavior within HomeSeer, can you also fully open and close using the HomeSeer 'Home' view with the modules ON and OFF controls?

I suspect that you are using time (the duration of the open or close signal) as a measure of your percentage open and close and that time period is not determinable (with any accuracy) within HomeSeer. How else do you determine 80% opened or closed with only a 'Close' or 'Open' command?

Andrew

Comment

I dont have much to contribute here. if you can capture a detailed log from the insteon app (that shows the insteon commands being used) i might be able to diagnose the problem
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
          Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
          Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
          Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Here the log file in .odt format on setting the screen to 80% and then to Open.

Jeroen.

Attached Files

Comment

the log is from my plugin. are you using the insteon app too? can you get a log from the app

is the problem you need something other than units of 10 for opening and closing?
              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
              Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
              Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
              Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

I am still looking for a way to get a log from the Insteon app.
                The problem is that after closeing a screen for a certain percentage it does not open completely any more following an open command. Apparently a timing mechanism is used that differs slightly for opening and closing.
                I had a look at an Insteon command table and it looks like two commands are available to open/close a window covering. One coupled to a percentage and the other used only for open and close. As the Insteon app supports open/close only maybe it uses the 0x60 commands and your plug-in uses the 0x61 commands for open and close?Click image for larger version

Name:	Insteon window covering.png
Views:	249
Size:	140.1 KB
ID:	1390264​

Comment

you can use the instoen send device command event action to test some of these commands you found
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Cool feature the "insteon send device command event action". I tried a couple of commands and the only one that controls the dimmer seems 0x11.
                    After playing around a bit I found the following:

- Partly closing and than completely opening introduces an offset and the screen does not fully open
                    - The offset worsens after repetitively use
                    - Fully open and than fully close the screen again removes the offset either using the 0x11 command directly or device control.

I guess this is a problem of the micro-module.

Comment

please try 13 00 as a close function. this is what the plugin uses. 11 is typical On/Open cmd

there is another thread here (somewhere) from another user discussing the same issue; not sure if it was resolved
                      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

0x13 0x-- does completely close the screen
                        0x12 0x00 does completely open the screen
                        0x11 0x?? works both ways. 0xFF completely open 0x00 completely close and everything in between.

Now you mentioned it I remember having seen the thread. I will try to find it.

Comment

The thread is from peterpc:

Insteon Micro Module Open/Close
                          February 18th, 2016, 04:32 PM

He uses 0x17 to close the screen completely.

Comment

does cmd 0x17 work for you in the scenario you mentioned at the top of this thread?
                            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

In every scenario I tested until now 0x17 opens and closes the screen completely. Even when the screen was not opened fully using the regular command it finished opening after 0x17. Maybe you can consider replacing the open and close commands with the 0x17 variant.

Comment

Working...
                              X