This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fast on light

Hi Mark, not sure you can help me with this one. I have a Insteon Icon On/off Switch that is controlling an outside lamp. This lamp is a multipurpose lamp. If I rapid click on the switch, it will bypass the motion sensor, otherwise it will use it. There is anyway thta can I can simultate the fast on-on from the event?

there is an insteon action called 'send device command' that you can use to send a fast on/off commands to your device

fast on, enter 12 & 00
    fast off, enter 14 & 00
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Mark, first of all, I always appreciate your fast response.
      The fast on almost does it but not perfect. When I double click on the physical switch I can hear a click in the switch. Then the list stays on. The fast on put the ligh on but then the motion sensor will prevail shutting down the light. I hope I make sense.

Comment

can you unlink the motion sensor from the switch and use events to control the switch based on your requirements.

otherwise i dont think there is an override for the MS taking control. You might search on the smarthome.com forum and see if there is anything there
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Hi Mark, the switch is a typical Insteon Icon On/off Switch. This switch controls the outside lamp that has a build in motion sensor. I guess the lamp senses when someone double tap the on button on the switch and it bypass the motion sensor. (I can try to get a picture of the lap if you like) Would it be possible to create a debug from when I double click on the switch so we know what is happening?

Comment

you can enabled detailed logging, and try. If the motion sensor is attached to the lamp fixture, i dont see how we can override its function using an insteon switch.

is there an insteon device in the lamp?
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

The lamp is similar to this one https://www.letgo.com/en-us/i/zenith...b-4387db7911c1

Comment

I dont see how this lamp would respond differently to a physical fast-on from the switch vs sending a fast-on command

does it have to do with how fast the switch gets to full On?

you could try a "Light on at Ramprate" insteon action.

also, have you tried sending multiple On (or multiple fast-on) commands from an action?
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

I tried what you suggested. I have attached a small debug log with that device. It seems that is using command 11 but when I try to input it into the event, it does not take it.

>> does it have to do with how fast the switch gets to full On?
                  if I tap on the switch one time, the light goes on and then turns off. If I tap twice very fast, they the light goes on and stays on.

>>also, have you tried sending multiple On (or multiple fast-on) commands from an action?
                  tried several of those, I will keep try few other combinations. Although the log may give us some good indication
                  Attached Files

Comment

what does the debug log look like when you tap the switch fast twice so that the light stays on regardless of the motion sensor

my guess is you should see an cmd 12 (instead of the 11) which is the fast on
                    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

in your event action, send device command, try 12 FF
                      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Mark, first of all, I know your time is very valuable so I appreciated you helping me with this. After many try, I think I got it to work, this is my settings. I guess the lamp will go into manual mode so it stays on until i turn it off.
                        Attached Files

Comment

nice job. thanks for reporting back your solution.
                          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                          X