switching the keypad button vs responder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

switching the keypad button vs responder

Do I have an issue in my setup or an issue in my thinking (ID 10 T error)
    Just trying the Insteon plugin for the first time. I have an 8 button keypad (2334-2xx series) that has the buttons linked to outlets that are used to turn on lights on my deck. When I press a button, it works correctly.
    When I tell HS to turn on a button on the keypad, the responder (outlet) doesn't respond. I can turn on the outlet correctly in HS.
    I was going to have HS turn on the button which would save having a cross link to turn on the light on the keypad when the outlet is selected on. Even wondering if that would work now.
    Does turning the button on in HS only select the Button's LED, not any of the controlling functions?

Originally posted by JRose View Post
    Do I have an issue in my setup or an issue in my thinking (ID 10 T error)
    Just trying the Insteon plugin for the first time. I have an 8 button keypad (2334-2xx series) that has the buttons linked to outlets that are used to turn on lights on my deck. When I press a button, it works correctly.
    When I tell HS to turn on a button on the keypad, the responder (outlet) doesn't respond. I can turn on the outlet correctly in HS.
    I was going to have HS turn on the button which would save having a cross link to turn on the light on the keypad when the outlet is selected on. Even wondering if that would work now.
    Does turning the button on in HS only select the Button's LED, not any of the controlling functions?
    As I found out to my great distress....that is correct. You're basically just turning on a light behind a button. Physically pressing the button is what sends an ON or OFF to the associated device.

Jim Speiser
    35-year veteran of Home Automation
    Still don't know squat

Comment

your scenario is not directly supported in the insteon protocol; unfortunately

i have built a a workaround in the plugin.

enable the 'sync linked responders' on the kpl within the plugin, and then the outlet will turn on when you turn on the kpl from hs.
      Mark

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 (by Kirby) | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | NetCAM | MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Jon00 Charting
      Platform: HP h8-1360t, Windows Server 2012 R2, i7-3.4GHz, 16GB memory

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
        your scenario is not directly supported in the insteon protocol; unfortunately

i have built a a workaround in the plugin.

enable the 'sync linked responders' on the kpl within the plugin, and then the outlet will turn on when you turn on the kpl from hs.
        I'm going to use this. Thanks

Comment

Solved - I was also not linking them properly at the bottom of the HS configuration page. This plugin is working GREAT. Thanks - just purchased.

Comment

Originally posted by JRose View Post
            Solved - I was also not linking them properly at the bottom of the HS configuration page. This plugin is working GREAT. Thanks - just purchased.
            Glad you got it working. Welcome to the forum
            Mark

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534
            Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway
            Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 (by Kirby) | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | NetCAM | MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Jon00 Charting
            Platform: HP h8-1360t, Windows Server 2012 R2, i7-3.4GHz, 16GB memory

Comment

Working...
            X