X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon motion sensor issues

Hi Mark,
    Long story short, thanks to your error log, I determined that one of the switch was sending lot of messages. After resetting it, I have isseus with my motion sensors. They respond fine when I put the in reading mode but they do not respond to motion anymore, any idea?

Thanks
    Attached Files

just to make sure, relink the motion sensor to the plm. if the link is missing it won't report status regardless of the comm test.

i see you are using BLRadar. i do the same but dont allow blradar to update the status of my insteon motion sensors. does this normally work for you?

what i do is create a virtual device (#116) that blradar updates based on the status of the insteon motion sensor device (#816). see the pic

Click image for larger version

Name:	Annotation 2020-06-03 194640.png
Views:	123
Size:	108.0 KB
ID:	1390984

Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Mark thanks for the fast response, I forgot to mentioned, it is happening with all the motion sensors. Previous to my mayor issue with pml, it has been stable for years, actually the only trouble that I had few times was with the pml. Unfortunately I can not say the same with zwave 😢

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Sounds like the plm needs to reset and reprogrammed
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Dancing right now, thank you so much Mark. You saved me endless troubleshooting. Just curiosity, what is the difference between reset and reprogram, update interface and update programming on all new and updated devices.

Mostly, when I get to review a device, I get this message "Warning: The links for this device have changed since you last downloaded the link table. Please use the 'Read Device Links and Settings' to refresh the link table." is there anything that I can do in the event to clear that? I do not want to go thru each device.

Thanks again

Comment

Reset and program starts with clearing the PLM database. Updating Interface, just added missing links.

Insteon devices report when their databases change, but it doesn't always mean the links changed. Read Device Links and Settings should clear the warning for a while but i dont mess with it anymore. I really need to get rid of that warning across the board.
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Mark, always the best. Last quick question, whatever you have time to respond. If something goes wrong, it looks like there is no harm in doing both Reset and program and/or Updating Interface, am I correct?

Comment

if you do the first (reset and reprogram), you dont need to do the second. the 'reprogram' part of the first runs the second function you mentioned. i suppose you could run the update function first and see if that fixes the problem, and if not then run the first. Most just run the reset and reprogram
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                X