This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can Heartbeat update status?

Mark, when a wireless device such as a door sensor sends a heartbeat indication, does it also send its current status? If so, would it be possible to update the HS Device status to match the physical device when the heartbeat is received?

Reason: I use Insteon Door/Window sensors to detect if the windows on my RV are open. Because the system is only running when the RV is in use, the status of the sensors is not known until the window is opened or closed. It would be really nice if the status would update automatically with the heartbeat if that was possible.

Another reason: If the actual change of status from the device was missed (system reboot, bad communication, etc), the status would at least update when the heartbeat came in. Could be a lifesaver for a missed water leak indication.

Bill,
    i believe i have the plugin setup to do this when the device heartbeat provides status. the caveat is that if the status hasn't changed, the plugin wont attempt to update the hs device unless you set the Advanced plugin option "Enable Value Set Trigger" which cause the plugin to set the value anyways. And will cause HS triggers to fire.

are you not seeing this in a specific device? can you post the devicetype and firmware ver of the device in question from your insteon.ini [device x] section

Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

I have 3 Insteon "Open/Close Sensors Model 2843-222". They are all set up with identical events. If a heartbeat is missed, or the system is freshly started after being down more than a few minutes, I turn the status to Unknown (-1) using an immediate script. The Dining sensor seems to update status with heartbeat, but the Front and Rear do not. Dining is firmware version 40 and the other two are version 43, so it may be firmware version related.
      Attached Files

Comment

I have a note in my code that these devices with fw 43 do not correctly report status during the heartbeat. i think i had updating once, and it was screwing things up.
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Too bad. Is it only the ver 43 that doesn't work? I'll have to try to find some older ones to replace my 43's. Thanks Mark.

Comment

Originally posted by Burrington View Post
            Too bad. Is it only the ver 43 that doesn't work? I'll have to try to find some older ones to replace my 43's. Thanks Mark.
            as far as i know its just fw 43. I'm not sure if there is a later fw version for these units. so look for fw 40 units.

rev 1.9 (see sticker on device) seems to be the latest. does that line up with your units with fw 43?
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

The ones I have are:

Fw 40, 3514 Rev 1.9 - work
              Fw 43, 4114 Rev 1.B - don't work

They must have changed something in the .A or .B revision. Unusual to improve things going backward in rev level...

Fortunately, I have two older Rev1.9's in my spare stock that I can use.

Thanks for your always-outstanding help leading me to a solution Mark!

Comment

Glad it was an easy solution.
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                X