New USB PLM receives signals but doesn't transmit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
    write down the insteon id of your devices. then delete them from the plugin. then use the manual add to register them. this will program them correctly.

device reset can only be done locally/manually. there is not command to do this from the plugin
    Ok. I will try this. Is this how I will have to add all 70 devices to HS? Did I do something wrong when I tap added the devices?

Comment

If I were to delete the plugin and all related files and reset the PLM, what is the ideal method to add new devices?

Comment

tap adding usually requires the "program device for homeseer" to get the necessary links into the device. try removing just one device and see if you can add it back in manually
        Mark

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 (by Kirby) | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | NetCAM | MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Jon00 Charting
        Platform: HP h8-1360t, Windows Server 2012 R2, i7-3.4GHz, 16GB memory

Comment

write down the insteon id of your devices. then delete them from the plugin. then use the manual add to register them. this will program them correctly.

device reset can only be done locally/manually. there is not command to do this from the plugin
          I was able to manually add some devices. I've been able to tap add some devices too. Looks like I will have to do a combination of both.

Comment

Originally posted by mgonzales100 View Post

I was able to manually add some devices. I've been able to tap add some devices too. Looks like I will have to do a combination of both.
            OK. I'm an idiot. I'm a beta tester for the new Insteon iOS app. I added all the devices using the app a few weeks ago. By default all my devices were set to "Local Programming Lock". I happen to notice it earlier when it was suggested that I set a few devices to blink when receiving insteon signals.

I turned off the Local Programming Lock and I can tap add all other devices (so far).

Thanks for all the assistance and once again, I'm an idiot! 😀

Comment

glad you figured it out.
              Mark

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534
              Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway
              Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 (by Kirby) | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | NetCAM | MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Jon00 Charting
              Platform: HP h8-1360t, Windows Server 2012 R2, i7-3.4GHz, 16GB memory

Comment

glad you figured it out.
                Tap added 79 devices. Plugin worked flawlessly. Thanks for your assistance.

Comment

Originally posted by joegr View Post
                  You may have to factory reset each device and then try it again.

Some Insteon devices have a light that flickers when Insteon transmissions occur. If you have any of these (or any that are set to do this), does the LED flicker when the PLM is trying to transmit something? If it doesn't (but does flicker when you operate another switch), then maybe your new PLM is indeed defective.

Your suggestion enable the blinking indirectly lead to the solution. While in the beta iOS Insteon app I noticed that the "Local Programming Lock" was enabled. That caused the issue.

Thanks again for your assistance.

Comment

Working...
                  X