This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New USB PLM receives signals but doesn't transmit

I just replaced my Insteon Hub 2 with the USB PLM. The plugin recognizes the PLM and I'm able to use the PI to "tap add" devices. However, I am not able to control the devices from HS3.

The PLM is receiving signals because I can turn on a device from the switch and the device's status is updated on HS. If I try to control that same device from HS nothing happens.

When I use the PI to test communications I get 100% failure, 100% of the time.

I didn't have any issues with the Hub. (I know, if it's not broken don't fix it). However, I've read several times on this board that the PLM is the optimal device for HS for a variety of reasons.

What am I doing wrong?

Please advise. Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Insteon Failed Communication Example.png
Views:	147
Size:	288.6 KB
ID:	1392486

Did you run the swap interface routine ? This reprograms all the devices with the new plm Id
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

You have to go to the first config page for the plugin.
      Click on Program Replacement/Swapped Interface.
      You will have to put any wireless devices in linking mode when requested, so have them ready.

It's not that the PLM isn't transmitting. It actually is. It just that none of your devices will listen to it because they don't know who he (the PLM) is yet. They have to be told that they can accept commands from your new PLM.

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
        Did you run the swap interface routine ? This reprograms all the devices with the new plm Id
        No, I set it up as a new PLM and started "tap adding" devices. I thought about using the swap interface routine but I didn't know if it worked with the Hub to PLM versus PLM to PLM.

I assumed if I tap add the devices it would work without any issues. Especially since the old Hub 2 didn't have any devices linked in HS. Only the Insteon iOS app.

Comment

Originally posted by joegr View Post
          You have to go to the first config page for the plugin.
          Click on Program Replacement/Swapped Interface.
          You will have to put any wireless devices in linking mode when requested, so have them ready.

It's not that the PLM isn't transmitting. It actually is. It just that none of your devices will listen to it because they don't know who he (the PLM) is yet. They have to be told that they can accept commands from your new PLM.
          The old Hub didn't have any devices linked with it in HS. Only the Insteon iOS app.

Comment

can you post a screen shot of all the links from a sample device like a KPL
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
            Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
            Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
            Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

can you post a screen shot of all the links from a sample device like a KPL
              Is this what you are asking for? I only have light switches.
              Click image for larger version  Name:	PLM 1.png Views:	0 Size:	645.0 KB ID:	1392524

Comment

can you post the link table from one of the switches. pick one from the Manage Device page
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

can you post the link table from one of the switches. pick one from the Manage Device page
                  I get this when I attempt to read the link table for all my devices.

Name:	Insteon Link Table.png
Views:	83
Size:	174.3 KB
ID:	1392531

Comment

you need to run the 'program device for homeseer' on all your devices
                    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

you need to run the 'program device for homeseer' on all your devices
                      I get this message when I attempt to run the "program device for homeseer"

Name:	Program Device to HS Fail 1.png
Views:	72
Size:	63.9 KB
ID:	1392683

Comment

You may have to factory reset each device and then try it again.

Some Insteon devices have a light that flickers when Insteon transmissions occur. If you have any of these (or any that are set to do this), does the LED flicker when the PLM is trying to transmit something? If it doesn't (but does flicker when you operate another switch), then maybe your new PLM is indeed defective.

Comment

What's the best way to accomplish this? Can I do it with the plugin? Or, do I need to go to each device to manually reset them?

If I reset all my devices then they will stop working with the Hub 2 and the iOS Insteon app. I don't mind starting over to get it to work with HS. Just want to make sure it works.

Do you know what is causing this? The HUB worked fine. I've always read the the PLM is the optimal Insteon interface for HS so I bought the USB PLM and started tap adding devices.

Comment

write down the insteon id of your devices. then delete them from the plugin. then use the manual add to register them. this will program them correctly.

device reset can only be done locally/manually. there is not command to do this from the plugin
                            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Some Insteon devices have a light that flickers when Insteon transmissions occur. If you have any of these (or any that are set to do this), does the LED flicker when the PLM is trying to transmit something? If it doesn't (but does flicker when you operate another switch), then maybe your new PLM is indeed defective.
                              I've tried this. The light switch blinks when ONLY when it received commands from other light switches. It stays lit when send commands from HS.

Comment

Working...
                              X