X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS4 mnsandler Insteon plugin development chronicals

All,
    so I picked this project back up; even took some time off of work to get a jump start on it.

80% of my plugin is generic insteon code. the other 20% is hs specific (ui, triggers, actions, etc). In order to take full advance of HS4 i have to completely rebuild all the UI (my least favorite part of programming).

So i got the plugin to initialize in HS4 and started on the Settings page, see the first one below.

I try to update this periodically with my progress and screen shots

Click image for larger version  Name:	HS4 Settings.PNG Views:	179 Size:	273.6 KB ID:	1398119
    Attached Files
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

I still dont have all the UI worked out. I need a couple of feature pages to manage devices and groups; they may look very trivial in the beginning

I started on the rotuine to create/convert hs3 device to hs4. this is where the real work is.

the other big lift is converting the existing hs3 events to the hs4 api. this is one time code that i have to write.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Does this mean HS 4 does not support Insteon yet?

Comment

I have not released an hs4 insteon plugin, but some users are having some luck using my hs3 plugin. But your mileage may vary. Make a backup of all your hs3 setup in case you want to rollback.
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
          I have not released an hs4 insteon plugin, but some users are having some luck using my hs3 plugin. But your mileage may vary. Make a backup of all your hs3 setup in case you want to rollback.
          I finally got HS4 working on my Pi and so far your plugin is working as expected. Thanks.

Comment

Just an update from down under...

- i have been using the insteon HS3 plugin on HS4 for about 2 months now. So far I haven't had any issues.
            I just updated to V3.0.7.29 a couple of days ago - which was a straight forward process and still no issues.

Comment

The only issue I have is the page doesn't refresh when using the plugin. A manual refresh works and the devices work.

Comment

Originally posted by IanIreland View Post
                The only issue I have is the page doesn't refresh when using the plugin. A manual refresh works and the devices work.
                which page doesn't refresh?
                If you mean the devices pages - the status of devices updates immediately if I turn a device on or off - even the Insteon devices.

Comment

Originally posted by Aussie Mate View Post

which page doesn't refresh?
                  If you mean the devices pages - the status of devices updates immediately if I turn a device on or off - even the Insteon devices.
                  I should have been clearer! As an example, if you add an Insteon device, the instruction on the page is to wait until the 'Continue' button appears. It never does for me.

Comment

I'm using your HS3 version on HS4, and I know it's not officially supported, but I wanted to offer an observation since you're working on an update. I believe this is GUI related only. Smarthome's 6 button keypad does not display button A in the gridview. Instead, the mains/load status is displayed there while that is already displayed as the main control. Same with the pop-up for the 4 buttons. There is no button A. I have 2 of these 6 button keypads and they both display the same on both Chrome and the new MS Edge . I do not have an 8 button keypad to try for you. Everything displays and functions properly in list view.

Click image for larger version  Name:	combo.jpg Views:	0 Size:	79.3 KB ID:	1403393Click image for larger version  Name:	pop-up.jpg Views:	0 Size:	43.9 KB ID:	1403394

Comment

I have on/off buttons registering on feature devices

Click image for larger version

Name:	hs4 device on off.PNG
Views:	821
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	1413585

Every insteon device will no have at least two hs devices (1 a root device, and 1 a feature device with controls)

comments welcome on this topic only
                      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

i have a slider for dimmers. you can slide from Off (0) to On (100)

Name:	hs4 diming device with slider.PNG
Views:	871
Size:	24.6 KB
ID:	1413667
                        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

I have on/off buttons registering on feature devices

Name:	hs4 device on off.PNG
Views:	821
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	1413585

Every insteon device will no have at least two hs devices (1 a root device, and 1 a feature device with controls)

comments welcome on this topic only
                          I always found the Root device imposed by HS and their Z-wave plugin to be kind of annoying because I didn't like seeing it in device lists. I suppose it makes sense though, for Settings reasons, and it's not a bad idea to be consistent with their Z-wave plugin. Will we be able to access Insteon device settings from this Root device without having to go into the plugin UI?
                          HS4, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Harmony Hubs, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Speakers, Foscam & Amcrest cameras, EZVIZ DB1 doorbell
                          Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Harmony Hub, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Harmony Hub, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

Comment

Originally posted by mrceolla View Post

I always found the Root device imposed by HS and their Z-wave plugin to be kind of annoying because I didn't like seeing it in device lists. I suppose it makes sense though, for Settings reasons, and it's not a bad idea to be consistent with their Z-wave plugin. Will we be able to access Insteon device settings from this Root device without having to go into the plugin UI?
                            the root device is a requirement now. And you can't have a root device with controls or status; controls and status have to be assigned to a Feature/child device.

i haven't decided how i will deal with insteon settings yet;
                            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

I have a relatively simple system compared to some but for me the HS3 version has been working great in HS4. (Better than some of the HS4 specific features) Insteon only used for Light Switches, Dimmers and a few outlets here.

Jeff

Comment

Working...
                              X