Reprogram Device

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reprogram Device

I was having some trouble with a couple of linked switches so went into the insteon plugin to reprogram them with the Reprogram Device button & never get the Continue Button. It just seems to hang. But watching the log shows "The Insteon device was successfully reprogrammed." I am also seeing an error in the log "Trouble converting [] to integer". Ran on several devices with the same results. Running HS 4.1.0.0.

The UI issue is just an incompatibility between the v3 plugin and HS4.

regarding "Trouble converting [] to integer", can you enable detailed logging within the plugin and capture the same error and post a log snippet
    Mark

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 (by Kirby) | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | NetCAM | MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Jon00 Charting
    Platform: HP h8-1360t, Windows Server 2012 R2, i7-3.4GHz, 16GB memory

Comment

Thanks,

Attached the log Files.
      Attached Files

Comment

can you post the list of links from the from the Insteon Laundry Room - Door Switch (48.75.10) device. i can't tell if they have all been read correctly
        Mark

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 (by Kirby) | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | NetCAM | MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Jon00 Charting

Comment

Link #1 Load controls Insteon Laundry Room - Office Switch (2) Load (48.55.1A)
          Link #4 Load has local control reporting to HomeSeer
          Link #5 Load is controlled by Insteon Laundry Room - Office Switch (2) (48.55.1A) - On Level : On
          Link #2 Load is controlled by HomeSeer using RF PLM Group #0 (i2CS Registration Link) - On Level : Off
          Link #3 Load is controlled by HomeSeer using RF PLM Group #24 Registered Group #14 'Insteon All Lights' - On Level : On

Link #6 Load is controlled by HomeSeer using RF PLM Group #254 (HomeSeer All Devices Group) - On Level : On

Comment

are you still having troubles with the linked switches you originally mentioned?
            Mark

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534

Comment

No they are working properly.

Jim

Comment

But whenever I reprogram a insteon device I see the "Trouble converting [] to integer" in the log. Does not seem to be effecting anything.

Comment

have you tried a factory reset on device and then used the reprogram device function to recreate the links?
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534

Comment

Just did a factory reset on a light switch & then used the reprogram device function to recreate the links. The switch reprogrammed properly by still "Trouble converting [] to integer" in the log.

Comment

Very strange. can you post the [device x] section from the insteon.ini for the device you just reset and reprogrammed
                      Mark

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534

Comment

Attached
                        Attached Files

Comment

that all looks fine. if you aren't seeing any other side affects, lets not worry about the error right now.

i dont plan to spend time modifying the hs3 plugin for hs4. I'm working on a new hs4 plugin.

there are a few other hs4 issues reported that i just can't fix at this point.

despite what hst says, hs3 plugins aren't 100% compatible with hs4.
                          Mark

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534

Comment

No other side effects that I can see. I was planning on upgrading to your new HS4 plugin when published. Made to many changes since upgrading to HS4 beta to be able to easily go back to HS3.

Comment

The Motion Sensor II configuration will give this error if nothing is selected in the mode Combox

Comment

Working...
                              X