Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SwitchLinc keypad stopped communicating ... sort of?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SwitchLinc keypad stopped communicating ... sort of?

I have a weird problem - out of the blue (static system - no program or device changes) one of my SwitchLinc keypads stopped "working" - what i mean specifically is that the four center buttons no longer send events to HS3. The load buttons work on the live load (lights). I ran a comms test and get 0% success. All other devices pass at close to 100%. BUT, I can still control the live load from HomeSeer! How is that possible?

How can I recover from this? Before I hard reset it or tried anything else I thought I'd ask.
    Thank you

no idea. you can do a factory reset, and then use the "reprogram device" to add the previous links back in. (take a snapshot of the links in case the reprogram doesn't work 100%).

Do not remove the device from the plugin; this will break all your events.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Thanks Mark, it magically started working yesterday.. the only thing I noticed is that one of my Z-Wave switches got disassociated by accident the same time this started happening but I don't quite understand how that could affect insteon.

Comment

Thanks for reporting back
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Well, the problem came back despite what I thought so I bought a new replacement switch and I can't even program it. Here is the log:

Jul-25 9:19:06 AM Insteon Your system could not be reprogrammed.
          Program And Replace Device - The destination device could not be programmed, function aborted before system/device changes were made.
          Jul-25 9:19:06 AM Insteon Did not receive a response from (52.2B.E6). Try #3 failed.
          Jul-25 9:18:57 AM Insteon Step 1 of 5: Programming new device with links...
          Jul-25 9:18:57 AM Insteon Program And Replace Device - Process starting... (19.3E.A6->52.2B.E6)...
          Jul-25 9:18:56 AM Insteon Sending Insteon ID Broadcast for '52.2B.E6'
          Jul-25 9:18:56 AM Insteon Calling AddRecord for 52.2B.E6 1 True
          Jul-25 9:18:56 AM Insteon Pass 2, Now attempting to reprogram your system for the replacement device...
          Jul-25 9:18:56 AM Insteon Pass 1, updating devices that appear to have stale link tables...RF devices are ignored...

When I start the replacement option (DO IT NOW) I hear the device beep ... but then I get the above.

Any thoughts? I have almost perfect comms to all other devices.
          Thanks!

Comment

what else is on the same circuit? and what does the switch control?
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

The load is four LED PAR 30 can lights (unchanged in several years). The breaker is called "kitchen" but like they do in most houses probably, the circuit is used in other places. I have racked my brain to think what we have added at about the time this stopped working and nothing comes to mind.

I managed to get the comms to the device to work 100% by taking the cover off my breaker box! I have a SignaLinc *inside* the fuse box...

I also noticed that after I programmed the new device it's link database is a LOT smaller than an identically programmed KeypadLinc on the other side of the room... seems like the programming for the buttons isn't being completed properly. I have, for example, button A programmed to be off on three of my four scenes, but those "off' links don't appear in the link table for this KeypadLinc...why would that be?

Comment

try disconnecting the signalinc and see how it goes

post the set of links for each kpl.
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                X