X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burrington
    replied
    Originally posted by mnsandler View Post

...HST for giving users the perception that hs3 plugins are plug and play with hs4
    That's certainly the impression I had...

Leave a comment:

• mnsandler
    replied
    Originally posted by JRose View Post

I'm Not complaining - just observing
    Even with a few quirks, it works great!
    no worries. i'm more frustrated with HST for giving users the perception that hs3 plugins are plug and play with hs4

Leave a comment:

• JRose
    replied
    Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
    guys,
    clearly hs3 plugins/devices aren't 100% compatible with hs4. there maybe issues with editing events as well.

I don't plan on spending any time fixing my hs3 plugin to make it compatible with hs4. I'm working on my hs4 plugin.

I suggest you play with hs4 on a separate server and leave your hs3 running as is.
    I'm Not complaining - just observing
    Even with a few quirks, it works great!

Leave a comment:

• Blackbeard
    replied
    Originally posted by JRose View Post
    Yes, I just checked mine and it seems to be the same. Only one in Grid but both in List.
    Just playing around with events and once I select the device to control, both outlets show up in the feature list. I picked either one there. Kind of screwy but seems to work.
    My outlets are linked to an 8 button controller which I generally use to control them. I just noticed the lights on the buttons don't seem to be linked any more but I can't look at that until the weekend.
    Good catch. I never tried adding the upper outlet to an event. Now that I've attempted that I can see that the lower outlet is available as an option. It's a bit confusing since it always shows the upper outlet name, but at least it works. I'm happy with that

Leave a comment:

• mnsandler
    replied
    guys,
    clearly hs3 plugins/devices aren't 100% compatible with hs4. there maybe issues with editing events as well.

I don't plan on spending any time fixing my hs3 plugin to make it compatible with hs4. I'm working on my hs4 plugin.

I suggest you play with hs4 on a separate server and leave your hs3 running as is.

Leave a comment:

• JRose
    replied
    Yes, I just checked mine and it seems to be the same. Only one in Grid but both in List.
    Just playing around with events and once I select the device to control, both outlets show up in the feature list. I picked either one there. Kind of screwy but seems to work.
    My outlets are linked to an 8 button controller which I generally use to control them. I just noticed the lights on the buttons don't seem to be linked any more but I can't look at that until the weekend.

Leave a comment:

• Blackbeard
    started a topic Dual Outlet Insteon Device and HS4

Dual Outlet Insteon Device and HS4

Not sure if posting questions about this plugin and HS4 is ok, but here it goes. I just updated to HS4 and everything seemed to be working fine. Then I noticed some weird behavior with Dual Outlet Insteon devices:

1. You can only see both outlets in list view. Grid view shows only the upper outlet.
    2. You cannot add the bottom outlet to any event. Only the upper outlet shows up in the list of devices when creating an event.

Anyone else experience this? Secondly, what's going to happen to all of my events the did use the lower outlet that were migrated from HS3?

Also, in case it hasn't been said enough mnsandler is a hero and we are all incredibly lucky that he's given us this amazing gift!
Working...
X