Motion Sensor 2844-222 seems limited in usage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Motion Sensor 2844-222 seems limited in usage

I have several applications for Occupancy detection and conditional response that apparently don't play well with Events triggering devices through the plug-in and HomeSeer SEL controller. Possibly, the controller it just not fast enough. If I link the sensor to a device (e.g. light module) the response is nearly instant. However if I try to create an event through the plugin and controller it can take 2 to 3 seconds to turn the light on. For example, I have a motion detector in the garage to turn on the ceiling lights. With an Event to turn on the light I can be half way across the garage before the light comes on. What I want to happen is: I enter the garage and the light turns on. If I turn on the workbench light, the Even will know I want the ceiling lights to stay on. As-is being linked, I get up from the bench regularly so the motion sensor will know the garage is still occupied. Another example is bathroom and W/C lights. I enter the bathroom, I want the lights to turn on, but not in the middle of the night when nature calls. In that instance I want only minimal lights to come on. Such amazing technology and I still need battery operated motion floor lights. I'm wondering if I made a mistake buying the SEL Controller instead of the HomeSeer HomeTroller Pro. I noticed on the HomeSeer website that the SEL is not being offered.

I do exactly what you're referring to, but with a PC, and the response is very fast. Not familiar with the SEL, so don't know if that is the cause of your slow response or not. What is the comm quality for your devices? If you have poor comm to the devices that will slow it down too.

Comment

All but 15 devices show "Excellent". As for the devices I've attempted to use "Events" to control lighting with a motion detector, they are "Excellent". I've been tempted to switch over to a PC. There are some reasonably prices fanless PC that mount to the back of the monitor. Not sure if that would be stepping out of the frying pan and into the fire.

Comment

Do a comm test on each of the devices you are using. If you get less than 100% in one hop, you are getting delays. More hops mean forwarded transmissions through other devices, and each hop adds a small delay. You can also test your motion sensors by putting them in programming mode and running the comm test to see if the motion command is getting to the SEL reliably. If the comm is unreliable, the system has to transmit multiple times to get a good message through, which adds delays.

Comment

Working...
        X