Hidden Door Sensor eats batteries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hidden Door Sensor eats batteries

One of my Hidden Door Sensors eats batteries to the point a battery will last about 2 weeks. I played with the various settings and frequency of heartbeat checks, etc. and nothing seems to resolve it. It is one out of 6 Hidden Door Sensors that I have the problem with. The other Hidden Door Sensors do not have the same problem. Hate to just toss it. Hopefully someone else has encountered this problem and found a workable solution. Thanks

I too found them annoying! It would involve modifying the unit and burring wires back to a DC to DC (Voltage regulator) power source but I never got around to do this . The voltage should be up to at least 2.98 vdc. A bit drastic but I think it would work. And the main source I have used in other projects for regulating the main 12v (and high current) to power a bunch of them. Test before you deploy!
    Else, you can't beat the Sensative strip on Amazon UK or https://sensative.com/sensors/strips...-to-buy-zwave/

Eman.
    TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Originally posted by scaleste View Post
      One of my Hidden Door Sensors eats batteries to the point a battery will last about 2 weeks. I played with the various settings and frequency of heartbeat checks, etc. and nothing seems to resolve it. It is one out of 6 Hidden Door Sensors that I have the problem with. The other Hidden Door Sensors do not have the same problem. Hate to just toss it. Hopefully someone else has encountered this problem and found a workable solution. Thanks
      have you tried a factory reset and reprogram? no need to delete from plugin. are the settings the same as the other devices? is it installed the same too?
      Mark

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 (by Kirby) | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | NetCAM | MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Jon00 Charting
      Platform: HP h8-1360t, Windows Server 2012 R2, i7-3.4GHz, 16GB memory

Comment

All 6 Hidden Door Sensors had the same settings (Heartbeat 01:00, Low Battery 1.25, and Read Battery 10 Heartbeats). Haven't done a factory reset on the defective unit. Overlooked that one so I'll give that a try. Thanks

Comment

I have several of these devices installed on every closet in my house. I rarely change the batteries. Usually once a year at the most.

Comment

Working...
          X