This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot replace device - System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException

I have an I/O Linc whose sense abilities died after a lightning storm. I've received a replacement but the Replace procedure will not run. I get the following error:

Program And Replace Device: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index and length must refer to a location within the string. Parameter name: length at System.String.Substring(Int32 startIndex, Int32 length) at Insteon.Support.Core.InsteonModule.ProgramAndReplaceDevice(S tring SrcID, String DestID)

Before ordering a replacement I did a factory reset on the old device, and then a reprogram via the plugin. That seemed to work fine but the sense ability did not return. Now the Replace won't run.

I just noticed the Firmware Version field for the old device is blank. Perhaps the Reprogram procedure didn't work 100% because the device is bad, and perhaps the Replace procedure needs that info?

Please help.
    HS4, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Harmony Hubs, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Speakers, Foscam & Amcrest cameras, EZVIZ DB1 doorbell
    Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Harmony Hub, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Harmony Hub, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

I tried to edit my original post but it won't seem to let me. Here's what I wanted to add:

I just noticed the Firmware Version field for the old device is blank. Perhaps the Reprogram procedure didn't work 100% because the device is bad, and perhaps the Replace procedure needs that info?
    HS4, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Harmony Hubs, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Speakers, Foscam & Amcrest cameras, EZVIZ DB1 doorbell
    Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Harmony Hub, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Harmony Hub, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

Comment

Restarting the plugin brought the Version Number back. Then the subsequent Replace procedure completed. My Op flags and closure time did not get set correctly on the replacement device, but the links all seemed to have made it. I changed those settings to what they were and all seems OK now.

Comment

are you still having any issues with the replacement iolinc?
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Thanks for checking in, and sorry for my delay. No further issues, everything seems back to normal now. I'm not sure what caused that error or the Op Flags to not get set. If you're interested in seeing my Insteon Error Report log file, let me know. I took a look through there but nothing jumped out at me.

Comment

Working...
          X