Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Using the Stop Ramp from a dimmer in and HS event.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
    what is the default on level for the dimmer? have you tried setting it to 80% and see if the physical switch will respond accordingly
    Well, I'm so confused now... I added it as a new device (before I was replacing the old device), AND THE DIMMER WORKS NOW (at least with the volt meter)... million dollar question now is : should I swap it back in and see it if works!?!?!

Comment

instead of swapping, can you delete both, add the new one in, and update your events?
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

I thought of that but not needed... here is the poop: with no real load on the red lead, I can watch the voltage ramp up and down using a volt meter as I push the physical keys or set the level using HS... once I connect the can lights, it's either on or off... However, the Insteon/HS programming works on all the buttons (very little packet loss). I swapped the old one back in and the opposite is happening ; live load is dimmable but programmed buttons don't work ...

Comment

Mystery SOLVED!

Turns out that the KeypadLinc dimmers are "Leading Edge" LED dimmers and not compatible with all LED bulbs. I had Fiet Electronics PAR30 bulbs in the can lights and they did not work with the new dimmer despite the fact that they worked perfectly for many years with the old dimmer (Model 2486D). However, as soon as I swapped in four Phillips Warm Glow or *another* model of Fiet bulbs - boom! - I have dimming again... so much frustration

But now I have another issues - and I know you probably told me how to fix this once before but I can't find it - when I use any of the four programmed buttons, the live load is not being controlled by HS. What am I missing?

Comment

always make sure led bulbs support dimming. as for the kpl button programming, you can 'group' them to the load button but you must do this manually. the plugin doesn't support this. see the 'grouping' feature in the manual.
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
            Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
            Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
            Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Mark, as always, can't thank you enough. The issue really wasn't the LED bulbs as they are labelled "dimmable"...

Comment

Originally posted by lockon View Post
                Mark, as always, can't thank you enough. The issue really wasn't the LED bulbs as they are labelled "dimmable"...
                Yes, I have encountered a few "dimmable" LEDs that will not dim from the Insteon dimmers. In my case, a little further research indicated that the particular LED I was trying required a very specific type of dimmer.

Comment

Working...
                X