This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best way to replace a defective Insteon Module

I have a failed Insteon 2466DW wall dimmer module. With no prior problems, today it was full bright and air gap reseting did not fix it, it stays ON unless air gap is pulled out.

I have a replacement module ready to be installed. What is the best most straightforward sequence to replace the module as far as the Insteon plugin is concerned?

Use the 'replace this device' routine after you physically install the new dimmer. this will keep the hs dev id the same so you dont break your events/triggers. the routine should update your links as well. if it doesn't you may need to recreate them
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

I replaced the wall dimmer and used the Replace Device function and it worked like a charm. Everything works perfectly. I contacted Smarthome and they are in he process of replacing the module.

Comment

Thanks for reporting back. glad to hear the swap was successful.
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Working...
        X