Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Enable the IO interface" - where is that setting in HS4?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It will be that USB Root Hub. You must have the adapter plugged directly into the PC without a separate USB Hub or there would be a "Generic USB Hub" or something like that. So turn off the power setting there. You can try rebooting the PC again to make sure it turns the power on for the USB/Serial adapter and PLM in case that's the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Burrington View Post
      It will be that USB Root Hub. You must have the adapter plugged directly into the PC without a separate USB Hub or there would be a "Generic USB Hub" or something like that. So turn off the power setting there. You can try rebooting the PC again to make sure it turns the power on for the USB/Serial adapter and PLM in case that's the problem.
      Another great tip. Sadly - no change.

Comment

What Usb to serial adapter are you using?

Comment

https://www.amazon.com/Sabrent-Conve.../dp/B00IDSM6BW

the one linked above!

Comment

There are lots of troubleshooting suggestions in the reviews in the link you sent. For example making sure you use the right 33 bit or 64 bit driver to match the pc. Apparently the drivers cane with the device so be sure to use those.

Don't give up - once it’s working you’re going to love HomeSeer!..

Comment

Originally posted by greedylittle View Post
              greedylittle ,

If it doesn't hurt look at this cable : https://www.amazon.com/dp/B006AA04K0/ref=emc_b_5_tIt is listed as FTDI (would require the FTDI drvier) but for an "average Jeo" they both look the same! The cable you posted is listed as plug and play. I wouldn't tell them apart either but a for few bucks I would test them both!
              • By the looks of specs it may be something to do with the chipset!

Eman.
              TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Eman & Burrington

I'm now convinced there is something wrong with the PLM. Last night I plugged my ISY back in and none of my nightly programs fired. I'll work on troubleshooting that today.

I leave for a few days tomorrow afternoon so I really, really need my automation!

Comment

have you tried a factory reset on the PLM. see the manual for the procedure
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
                  Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
                  Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
                  Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by Burrington View Post
                    Don't give up - once it’s working you’re going to love HomeSeer!..
                    LOL... Epic!

HomeSeer Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0 (Windows - Running as a Service)
                    Home Assistant 2024.3
                    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro - Desktop
                    Z-Wave Devices via two Z-Net G3s
                    Zigbee Devices via RaspBee on RPi 3b+
                    WiFi Devices via Internal Router.

Enabled Plug-Ins
                    AK GoogleCalendar 4.0.4.16,AK HomeAssistant 4.0.1.23,AK SmartDevice 4.0.5.1,AK Weather 4.0.5.181,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.44.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.64.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 4.5.1.1,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 4.51.303.0,JowiHue 4.1.4.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.26.0,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.5,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.9,TPLinkSmartHome4 2022.12.30.0,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,Z-Wave 4.1.3.0

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
                      have you tried a factory reset on the PLM. see the manual for the procedure
                      Tried a factory reset - not change.

According to my notes (from when I used to take great notes!) I have a 2413UH & a 2412N somewhere in my HA junk... will see if one of those works.

mnsandler You may not be able to answer this - but do you see the current PLM or the Hub as the future for connections? Willing to buy either at this point...

Comment

the 2413uh should work. its just really old. the 2412N will not; don't bother.

insteon continues to support the PLM as well as the hub. the insteon HA app only uses the hub. not sure what other HA platforms can use the hub except HS (via my plugin) . whereas the PLM supports several different HA platforms.

I personally prefer and use the PLM 2413S
                        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
                        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
                        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
                        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Quick update for those following along:

After a factory reset the PLM is back to working (at least with the ISY). I am able to control the Insteon devices in HS via Bob Paauwe ISYInsteon plugin.

I'm going to wait until I get back in town next week to continue experimenting. At this point, all my automation is at least functional (exterior lights, etc) and I don't want to mess that up. I really don't want to keep the ISY in the system (for the sake of simplicity).

Again, really appreciate all the advice and suggestions.

Comment

Ok. we will wait for you to reply when you get back to this.
                            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Quick update: installed the 2413UH and it's communicating with HS4 via your plugin! Once I am comfortable with HS4 more I will replace the 2413UH with something more modern.

I appreciate all the help and suggestions.

Phillip

Comment

Working...
                              X