This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re-adding switch

I have a toggle Insteon switch that I deleted. I need to add it back in but it doesn't show up in the device listing. How can I make sure it's deleted to add again or reinstate the one I had?

if you deleted it from hs, then just restart the plugin, and the plugin will create a new hs device (it will have a new dev ref #) so you will need to update your events.
    if you deleted it from the plugin, the just register it again.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Sorry, I posted another question about this because I didn't subscribe to this one. Here is the switch that won't reinstall. 54.17.BF I turned the Plugin off and back on then tried to reinstall the switch. It's not showing up. I'm a complete newbie so sorry for the ignorance.

Comment

when you attempt to add it back to the plugin, what happens? enable detailed logging on the plugin config page, and post the hs log snippet of the registration process
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

I hope this is what you are asking for (I'm wondering if it's not an issue with the switch reading this-I'm going to pull it out and make sure I didn't log it wrong).

Comment

the switch is responding (so that is good), but isn't responding as expected. can you do a manual factory reset on the switch and try again. the reset process is outlined in the switch manual
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Ok. Did the reset. It did accept it in the database but it's still not turning on and off via Homeseer. Here are some of my settings and log. See if you see anything wrong?

Comment

can you post a pic of the links for the device?
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Is this it?

Comment

find the device under Manage Devices, then you will see the list of links specific to the device
                    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

This one?

Comment

click the yellow link icon to get you to the links for the specific device. i'm looking for something like this
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	device links.PNG
Views:	71
Size:	18.7 KB
ID:	1413664
                        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

but post the entire page
                          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

None linked I think.

Comment

if you tap added the device you to run the 'program device for homeseer'

click the Return to Device page button , the run the above routine. there should be a few links added.
                              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                              X