Motion Sensor setting Insteon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Motion Sensor setting Insteon?

I'm trying to lengthen the time from the On sent from the motion sensor to the light to the time the Off is sent. HS4. Could you set it in HS3 and Insteon plug in? I've ordered a Insteon Hub and was told I can set it though that but seems like I should be able to adjust in the plug in. Thoughts?

Yes, you can do that to a Motion Sensor II with an insteon change settings command in an event.

Comment

You shouldn't need an event. I'm not on HS4 yet, but in HS3 you could set the Timeout for both the old motion sensor, and the Motion Sensor II, from the Insteon plugin config pages.
      HomeSeer 3, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Smart Speakers, Foscam cameras, Amcrest camera, RCA HSDB2a doorbell
      Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

Comment

Originally posted by mrceolla View Post
        You shouldn't need an event. I'm not on HS4 yet, but in HS3 you could set the Timeout for both the old motion sensor, and the Motion Sensor II, from the Insteon plugin config pages.
        Right, you don't need an event. You can do it in the insteon setting.

Comment

Oh wow....I see the time out setting....if that does it, thank you very much....I'm new to Insteon and having to figure out a lot with little time to mess with it.

Comment

FYI because this confused me at first: For a battery powered device like the motion sensor, when you change a setting using the plugin, the new settings only get downloaded when the device sends its first "ON" command. That's because the battery powered Insteon devices only "listen" for a short period of time after they transmit something (to extend battery life). So you make the setting changes in the plugin, and it waits for the device to send an ON command at which time it updates the sensor with the new settings. You will notice that the plugin screen shows the settings the sensor has, not your updated settings. Once the sensor is updated, the plugin shows the new settings.

Comment

Thanks Burrington...it worked just as you said....before I left for work, I set them and when I looked back at them, they reverted back to base settings. Once I can home and triggered them, the settings took effect. Thanks buddy.

Comment

Does putting the device into linking mode prevent the wait time? I feel like that's what I've always done and don't recall needing to wait, but I could be misremembering.

HomeSeer 3, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Smart Speakers, Foscam cameras, Amcrest camera, RCA HSDB2a doorbell
                Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

Comment

Originally posted by mrceolla View Post
                  Does putting the device into linking mode prevent the wait time? I feel like that's what I've always done and don't recall needing to wait, but I could be misremembering.
                  I just reprogrammed an old motion sensor the other day and No, it doesn't seem to. It waits until the device is back to normal mode and then sends an ON command. Of course that can be a few seconds later if you walk through the motion sensor to make it send an ON command.

Comment

Working...
                  X