No announcement yet.

Insteon 2413U USB Modem Interface or Insteon Central Controller Hub 2245-222

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon 2413U USB Modem Interface or Insteon Central Controller Hub 2245-222

Insteon 2413U USB Modem Interface, Dual-Band (White) or Insteon Central Controller Hub, Compatible with Alexa, 2245-222, I have both, which one should i use for Insteon and HomeSeer with the mnsandler plug in? Pros or cons for either?

I think you get faster response time with the modem, since it does not have to be polled like the hub does.

Comment

I've heard the modem has reliability problems. Is that still the case? I use the hub myself but it is very slow to respond

Comment

The original version 1 PLM had some reliability issues. The newer ones are R2 and they are much more reliable, and have a stronger signal. I have only used the Rev1 and Rev2 PLM, but several people who have tried both the PLM and the Hub report having better success with the PLM, either Serial or USB.

Comment

Well, I received my USB stick modem from Amazon a couple of weeks ago. Once I finish a few more ZWave installs, I plan on starting on some of the Insteon walpads I bought. I'll report back if I see any issues.

Comment

Working...
          X