Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the attached log was from the startup only. do you have another log showing more activity? if not, can you run the 'generate support log' from the config page and post it.

the switch status may just be a victim of the plugin issue. i wouldn't bother with the switch at the moment

one thing i think we should try is to factory reset the hub, and then reprogram it via the plugin. there is a plugin routine to do this.

this will erase any links to the thermostats, and any links related to the insteon app (if you are using it).

let me know
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Mark,

A bit more new info. My wife reconnected the Thermostat to power. not knowing of our testing, around midnight last night. Attached is the log generated a few minutes ago BUT its still running from 3 AM. I can reset the hub but I will need to do that a little leter from another computer. More to come!

Insteon Error Report.zip

Comment

when you have time, generate another log from the config page and post it. no rush
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Here is another log from the config page. Are the logs coming largely empty?

Insteon Error Report.zip

Comment

yes, the last several don't have anything other than the following log entries (after startup)

The operation has timed out (Hub.GetBuffer)
            if the system is still working, i dont see it in the logs.

are you hitting the 'generate support log file' button on the plugin config page?

also, if you have access to the config folder, maybe its time to delete out all the old .log files.

Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Mark,
              Yes, I'm hitting the button on the config page. Also, I delete the old ones prior to generating the current log file..is it possible the detailed log preference reset? I will check now and generate another. Also, I will read the log before sending to see whether there is any change!

Comment

Mark,

The log preference was still on detailed. Every time I created one, It was empty as you said. I restarted HS4. Upon startup I lost 3 more devices, each with the same 'unknown' error. The logs works now though, see attached.

Insteon Error Report.zip
                Attached Files

Comment

anything in the log about the plugin deleting these devices? there are still 10 devices registered in the insteon.ini
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Chris,
                    the log files still look the same. do you have a guest hs account that i could log into and see the live hs log? not even sure if the guest account can see the logs.
                    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

To be honest, I didn't even know there were guest accounts but I will look and am happy to have you login and take a look!

Comment

Mark I setup a guest account and gave all access. Whats the best way to give you the user name and password?

Comment

Mark,

As a FYI, the devices were not deleted, just listed as unknown. See the attached photo.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by wiegmanc View Post
                            Mark I setup a guest account and gave all access. Whats the best way to give you the user name and password?
                            i sent you a private msg with an email address
                            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                            X