Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HS4 Upgrade - Plugin Configuration (2413U)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS4 Upgrade - Plugin Configuration (2413U)

Upgrading to HS4. Installed the Insteon plugin, followed the guidance on the sticky page. I have tried both COM1 and COM2 (per Device Manager - the only 2 COM ports). I continue to get the error message "WARNING: Please check the Interface and enter the Interface Port information on the configuration page and restart the plugin." Sorry, I'm stuck. Any suggestions to get past this current hurdle?

are you using windows or linux?

is the 2413u new to the OS? you may need to installed the ftdi drivers for windows

you can identify which port to use by unplugging and plugging in the PLM and watching which port is added under the device manager Ports

the plm port should say USB Serial Port.

can you post a pic of the Ports in device manager with the plm plugged in.

hover you mouse of the blue ? to see the ports that the plugin found
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

I have the new Homeseer TrollerS (Pro) -- Windows OS.

I will re-read the guidance on ftdi drivers. I interpreted that I would not need to install. Let me review again.

Comment

what ports are listed when you hover on the blue ? after "interface port"
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Looks like I got it working. Thanks. I did need to download the driver. I see that you said you thought the 2413U isn't very reliable. In your opinion is the serial or the Insteon Hub better? Curious what you think. Thanks again for your assist.

Comment

Originally posted by dmusel View Post
            I see that you said you thought the 2413U isn't very reliable. In your opinion is the serial or the Insteon Hub better? Curious what you think. Thanks again for your assist.
            that was probably an old thread. I use the the 2413S. the 2413U is much better now. i dont recommend the hub unless you can't connect a plm directly to the hs server. adding in a network has its own set of reliability issues.

thanks for reporting back
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
            X