Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What am I doing wrong? (event setup: Insteon -> Hue)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What am I doing wrong? (event setup: Insteon -> Hue)

See the attached image - I know I am missing something, what is it?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-09-21 at 12.17.24 PM.png
Views:	108
Size:	223.7 KB
ID:	1420809

I know in the photo the "THEN" was disabled - that is corrected and still no luck.

Comment

what do you see in the hslog ?
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Log doesn't show anything when I physically click the switch - the event works as expected when I activate the device from HomeSeer. Any ideas why that device would not be registering in the log?

Comment

if you dont see any 'received' messages from the device, then run the 'program device for homeseer' from the plugin manage device page for the given device.

my guess is the hs status isn't changing either.
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
          Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
          Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
          Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

That worked! Is there a "best practice" to allow dimming of the hue bulbs from the insteon switch?

Comment

Originally posted by greedylittle View Post
              That worked! Is there a "best practice" to allow dimming of the hue bulbs from the insteon switch?
              seems like you would need to read the dim level of the insteon switch, and then convert that to the dim level of the hue bulb and send the appropriate command

Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
              X