No announcement yet.

Insteon Device controlled with Alexa status not updating in HS4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

having both enabled, and having devices registered in the hub and the plugin can cause status problems.

it sounds like the insteon skill is controlling the device.

you can try enabling the 'process acks" on the plugin Advanced tab. this will attempt to update hs status based on ACK msgs it receives.

if that doesn't work, you should disable the insteon skill and try controlling the same device using the homeseer skill. the status should update.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 (by Kirby) | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | NetCAM | MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Jon00 Charting
    Platform: HP h8-1360t, Windows Server 2012 R2, i7-3.4GHz, 16GB memory

Comment

Hi Mark.I enabled the Process acks but that did not help.I disabled the Homeseer alexa skill and that did not help.I can't disable the Insteon skill there is to much stuff programmed in there.What's odd is that the status also doesn't update on internal HS4 events like if a Door opens the alarm sends a tripped state that triggers a event turning a insteon light on.The light turns on instantly but the graphic does not change.I've set the polling to 1 minute and that refreshes the graphic after a minute.

Comment

the reason this isn't working the way you want is because the hub and the insteon skill are controlling the lights not homeseer.

if homeseer is controlling the lights via an event, then it should update the status no problem.

the "process acks" was my attempt to capture status changes when a device is controlled by an outside app.

Let me check the code to make sure it's still active. in the meantime, please keep the option enabled, and restart the plugin, and then retest.
        Mark

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 (by Kirby) | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | NetCAM | MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Jon00 Charting
        Platform: HP h8-1360t, Windows Server 2012 R2, i7-3.4GHz, 16GB memory

Comment

Working...
        X