X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keypad Linking

Mark,

Curious how come Keypad linking inside the same keypad can't be done through the plug-in? It can be done through the Insteon app, but I thought I remembered reading it was a limitation of the Insteon protocol?

Hope all is well

there aren't really 'links' between keys on the same keypad. the plugin supports 'grouping' buttons and creating a radio button groups. these are the most popular

There are a lot of different programming options for the keypad; i just don't support them all.

if you are trying to control the keypad load from another key, that isn't supported in the plugin.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
      if you are trying to control the keypad load from another key, that isn't supported in the plugin.
      In case you are trying to do that, I went through it a while ago and got it accomplished with Mark's help, although not through the plugin:

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/li...31#post1257331

https://forum.insteon.com/forum/main...972#post106972
      HS4, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Harmony Hubs, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Speakers, Foscam & Amcrest cameras, EZVIZ DB1 doorbell
      Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Harmony Hub, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Harmony Hub, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

Comment

having trouble getting Button H to turn off the load? (ie an all off scene). I still want A to control the load, so not changing the load button as discussed in above links. Tried to follow the manual but its just syncing on. Suggestions?

I was able to turn the other buttons off no problem, but not the load.

Would love to see this do-able in the plugin

Comment

Originally posted by dhogan View Post
          having trouble getting Button H to turn off the load? (ie an all off scene). I still want A to control the load, so not changing the load button as discussed in above links. Tried to follow the manual but its just syncing on. Suggestions?

I was able to turn the other buttons off no problem, but not the load.

Would love to see this do-able in the plugin
          the newer KPL (fw 30+ ish) buttons are always on/off, or On only. there isn't an Off only. So I don't think you can have a kpl button that just turns 'off' for the load. i think its both ways.

you could create two scenes that turn other devices off regardless of the controller state (on or off) . but the scene can only control other devices, not the load.
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
          Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
          Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
          Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

The button can be toggle/always on, not worried about that. I just wanted it to turn of the load. I was able to do this through the Insteon app, but trying to figure out how to do it using the keypad.

Comment

Originally posted by dhogan View Post
              The button can be toggle/always on, not worried about that. I just wanted it to turn of the load. I was able to do this through the Insteon app, but trying to figure out how to do it using the keypad.
              i think you need to link H to the load/Btn A (manually), and also link H to the other devices (via plugin) you want it to control.

H will then control the load (on/off) as well as the other linked devices.

Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

I am able to manually link H to turn on A/load, but cannot get pressing H to turn A/load off. I have the group already set for button H to control the other devices, just having problem getting H to turn off the A/load button with manual programming.

Comment

i think you need to link the buttons in the off position as well. turn the load off and h off and then link them again.
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Yup, that's what I tried but no luck. It turns a/load on if its off.

Comment

Mark, bringing this back from last year, but wondering if you'd consider adding support for more combinations of keypad groupings? I've had to replace keypads and been changing some stuff around also - it's annoying to manually program them. I would be willing to chip in some cash if that would help prioritize it?

Comment

sounds like a good idea for the hs4 plugin
                        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Mark - I think that you've gone down that path to some extent already. Perhaps the HS3 driver can be made into a standalone exe without the need of HS and then have the HS4 code (HS related code) talk to the insteon standalone driver. That way you could use the standalone engine with other software as well. Just trying to plant a seed keeping in mind that there are other automation products that it could be used with as well.
                          HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
                            sounds like a good idea for the hs4 plugin
                            Hey Mark, what is the plan for the hs4 plugin and any idea of timeline for this feature? I had a keypad programming get screwed up after a power flicker and the idea of this feature would be nice, so came back to check.

Thanks!

Comment

In the process of sending an alpha version to someone to start testing
                              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                              X