This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

USB PLM fails, New PLM doesn't reprogram its database links

Twice now I have had my PLM fail and when I installed a new one it doesn't reprogram my links. This is a big deal since I have over 100 devices. I just installed my 2nd PLM, can you help me reinstall my links without starting over. When I use the "Program Replacement/Swapped Interface" it reports
    The swap routine finished.

Devices successfully reprogrammed: 0
    Devices did not need to be reprogrammed: 0
    Devices not reprogrammed: 0

What can I do?

Thanks,
    Rick J

make sure you are entering the correct insteon id. it wants the old id, not the new one
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Thank you, I did enter the old PLM address

Comment

are links in the existing devices showing an unregistered insteon id of the old plm?
        can you post some pics of the config page, and some links from a few devices?
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Forgive me but maybe I'm not sure where to look but the new PLM and my homeseer software show zero links

Here is the screen shot:

Attached Files

Comment

The 2nd PLM stopped working after working normally for months and the interface port was blank on the above screen shot. I hadn't changed it and didn't remember what if anything I had in their for a USB PLM. I tried USB and other com ports 1, 2 an 3 but had no response with the PLM. I talked to Smarthome tech thinking the PLM had died and they had me reset it. This didn't help. I bought a new PLM and had the same no response error from the new one when I installed it. I tried all the com ports just for drill and it worked on com 6 which I'm sure I never had used.

Comment

Is com 6 normal for a USB PLM?

Comment

there is no normal com port for a plm. its based on your windows setup and other virtual ports that are already in use.

if you have it working on COM6, that's fine

can you take a screen shot of the links of one of your devices.find one of the devices in the manage device page
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot.png
Views:	100
Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	1429267

Comment

There are no devices, I had over 100 before

Comment

if all your devices are missing, you need to restore two files. first shutdown hs

restore a data\homeseer.hsd and an config\insteon.ini file from the same backup

the plm swap shouldn't have caused anything related to the devices; something else must have happened
                      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

I've shutdown hs but I can't find these files. I am running a remote desktop to my hs pro that is in another room, if that maters

Comment

I'm using file explorer on the hs computer

Comment

do you make backups of your hs server?
                            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

No, didn't know I needed to. I will now. Any other options I can try to recover my links without having to reenter them all again?

Comment

Working...
                              X