Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I have to reenter all the links from scratch am I going to have reset all the devices to rewove the old links, I'd rather not do to the time evolved with resetting 100+ devices

Comment

what plugin version are you running? do you seen any extra insteon.ini files in the config folder? there should be some additional homeseer.hsd files in the data folder

can you post some screen pics of these folders
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	51
Size:	413.0 KB
ID:	1429392

Comment

Version 3.0.7.1

Comment

is there anything in the insteon.ini.tmp file? look at the insteon error report.log file. there should be the content of the insteon;.ini at the bottom of the file. content will start with [config]

copy the content to the insteon.ini, and save

shutdown hs before you do any of this

what about the homeseer data folder? post a pic of that folder

Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
            Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
            Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
            Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Nothing in the insteon.ini.tmp file. I'll attach the error report.log file. I guess i can't it won't let me. There is nothing significant after "config" in the fileClick image for larger version

Name:	data.png
Views:	54
Size:	515.3 KB
ID:	1429407

Comment

zip the error report log and attach it. you may may need to rename the zip file extension to .txt instead of .zip

Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

ok Insteon Error Report - Copy.zip

Comment

is there anything in the homeseer backup folder?

is there a homeseer backup zip on your desktop? what's in there?
                    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Insteon - Copy.zip
                      It's over a year old but it looks to have a lot of my links

Comment

81 registered insteon devices in this file. you will need to shutdown hs,
                        put a "copy" of this insteon.ini into the config folder (overwrite the existing),
                        rename the data\homeseerdata.hsd to homeseerdata.hsd.old
                        and also rename one of the data\homeseerdata_x.hsd files to homeseerdata.hsd then restart hs and see if your insteon devices appear.

not sure how far back on the homeseerdata_x files to go. depends on when your system crashed.

check the hs log after you startup and post any insteon entries
                        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you Mark. Almost all devices and associated event programing is working. A handful of newer devices I will re-add Besides the two files we recovered what other files should I regularly backup?

Comment

Glad to help. I would recommend two things:

(1) updating to my latest beta, i've built in some backup routines that will make copies of the insteon.ini file for you and also save the insteon.ini content to a custom homeseer device; (2) backup everything in your homeseer folder anytime you make changes to your setup; you just never know what will go wrong
                            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                            X