This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacing dead hub with 2413U

Hello Mark and all the ships at sea! :-)

i am finally replacing my dead insteon hub, and going with a PLM 2413U.
    i believe i am going to have to factory reset all my devices to link them to the new PLM... any suggestions, tips, hints, or known voodoo that will help in smoothing out the transition?

thanks in advance for any help.
    Roger

Are you running on Linux?

Or : https://www.google.com/search?client...omeseer+2413U+

Eman.
    TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

you do not need to reset your devices. there is a swap interface routine on the config page that will reprogram the devices with the plm insteon id. run it and enter the insteon id of the dead hub.
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Thanks for the replies! I am running HS3 on Win10.
        I will check out the swap routine as soon as the PLM arrives. (Should be here monday)
        i'm glad i didn't throw away the old hub yet. :-)

great plug-in and great support.

Comment

you can run the swap several times if it has trouble with some devices. it will only update links with the old ID. it wont mess with links its already fixed.

this would be a good time to make a back up of your hs server
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
          Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
          Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
          Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Good to know, i will let you know how it goes.
            i run an automatic full backup every monday morning, so i got that covered. ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by RogerL View Post
              i run an automatic full backup every monday morning, so i got that covered. ;-)
              good to hear. you would be surprised how many users here don't do back ups

Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

nah, not really.... with a past life as a PC repair tech for both CompUSA and Gateway (gawd I'm old) i know how many people didn't do backups, much less regular ones. lol

Comment

weird, I got the PLM, plugged it in, connected it to HS PC. The USB got recognized as COM8, and the software would not see it.
                  so I removed all the other USB, reset it to COM3 thinking there was a limitation, and it still fails to load, says it can't communicate with the interface.
                  I've disabled, re-enabled, uninstalled, re-installed, rebooted a kazillion times.
                  no luck. am I missing something?

Comment

More troubleshooting done. I downloaded the latest drivers from the ftdl link you posted in another thread, although they may or may not be newer than what I had.
                    i also added the "porttype=USG" to the config file, and removed the two entries about the login and password for the hub. Nothing changed, still fails.

I was thinking of copying off the config files and everything that has my old device info, and doing a clean install and see if it works then.
                    the question then becomes if it does, can I copy all my node information into the new config and get it to import to the new install?

Comment

if you click the "blue circle ?" after "Interface Port" does COM3 show up ?

just to clarify, you can use porttype=USB but it shouldn't be necessary at this point

can you post the [config] section of your insteon.ini
                      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

when I mouse over the blue circle it shows all the ports I expect to see.

before I saw your reply.... I had verified the com3 is the PLM. after several other tries of tweaking things, I finally just moved all the Insteon files to a safe place, uninstalled, and then restarted HS. installed Insteon clean, enabled it, set com3, disabled it, restarted HJS, enabled Insteon and same thing happens, fails to connect to the PLM.

I'm on a different PC typing this, so I'll have to get the config file from the backup I made.

Comment

this is what was in the most recent backup
                          Code:
                          [Config]
                          DetailedLog=1
                          DeviceLocationFilterIndex=0
                          DisablePolling=0
                          DoCleanups=1
                          InterfaceCapability=5
                          InterfacePort=COM3
                          MaxHops=3
                          NumDevices=17
                          NumInterfaceLinks=4
                          NumRetries=5
                          PortType=USB
                          SortDeviceLinks=1
                          UseLocation2=1
                          WaitTimeout=3
                          X10Enabled=1

Comment

and here is what is the entire contents of the newly installed copy is:
                            Code:
                            [Config]
                            DetailedLog=1
                            DisablePolling=0
                            DoCleanups=1
                            InterfacePort=COM3
                            MaxHops=2
                            NumRetries=5
                            SortDeviceLinks=1
                            UseLocation2=1
                            WaitTimeout=3
                            X10Enabled=1
                            which still does not work.

Comment

have you tried a factory reset on the new PLM?
                              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                              X