Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mnsandler
    replied
    Glad to hear you are up and running. thanks for reporting back.

Leave a comment:

• RogerL
    replied
    after the replacement scan ran.... I got :
    Devices successfully reprogrammed: 9
    Devices did not need to be reprogrammed: 1
    Devices not reprogrammed: 7

so I have a little more work to do...but it is WAY better than it was...i.e. not working at all.

Thanks for the Help, great plug-in and looking forward to using it again.

Leave a comment:

• RogerL
    replied
    Good news! the replacement 2413U for the replacement 2413U that turned out to be a bad 2412U to replace the dead HUB finally arrived today.
    I did a factory reset on the PLM (just to be safe), had some problems with it being recognized for COM3.... blew out the device manager settings and rebooted and Voila!

i got it recognized by HS, (I had already restored the Insteon settings) and was greeted with this screen:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Insteon 1.PNG
Views:	36
Size:	72.4 KB
ID:	1432436
    now i know I have a few devices unplugged around the house, and will add them in later.

then i had the options here, and did a replacement
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Insteon 2.PNG
Views:	19
Size:	27.5 KB
ID:	1432437

Leave a comment:

• mnsandler
    replied
    Good catch and good luck with the exchange. thanks for reporting back.

Leave a comment:

• RogerL
    replied
    y'know what.... I just pulled the PLM off the wall cause I was going to reset it....and it's not a 2413U..... I never looked at the back...it's a 2412U tht came in a 2413U box.
    I've already reached out to the seller, I'm betting it is a bad PLM, and it was replaced with a 2413U and the 12 got put back in the box from the 2413. I'm kinda pissed.
    Looks like I've been wasting my time and yours. I'll be back when I get a new PLM.

Leave a comment:

• mnsandler
    replied
    have you tried a factory reset on the new PLM?

Leave a comment:

• RogerL
    replied
    and here is what is the entire contents of the newly installed copy is:
    Code:
    [Config]
    DetailedLog=1
    DisablePolling=0
    DoCleanups=1
    InterfacePort=COM3
    MaxHops=2
    NumRetries=5
    SortDeviceLinks=1
    UseLocation2=1
    WaitTimeout=3
    X10Enabled=1
    which still does not work.

Leave a comment:

• RogerL
    replied
    this is what was in the most recent backup
    Code:
    [Config]
    DetailedLog=1
    DeviceLocationFilterIndex=0
    DisablePolling=0
    DoCleanups=1
    InterfaceCapability=5
    InterfacePort=COM3
    MaxHops=3
    NumDevices=17
    NumInterfaceLinks=4
    NumRetries=5
    PortType=USB
    SortDeviceLinks=1
    UseLocation2=1
    WaitTimeout=3
    X10Enabled=1

Leave a comment:

• RogerL
    replied
    when I mouse over the blue circle it shows all the ports I expect to see.

before I saw your reply.... I had verified the com3 is the PLM. after several other tries of tweaking things, I finally just moved all the Insteon files to a safe place, uninstalled, and then restarted HS. installed Insteon clean, enabled it, set com3, disabled it, restarted HJS, enabled Insteon and same thing happens, fails to connect to the PLM.

I'm on a different PC typing this, so I'll have to get the config file from the backup I made.

Leave a comment:

• mnsandler
    replied
    if you click the "blue circle ?" after "Interface Port" does COM3 show up ?

just to clarify, you can use porttype=USB but it shouldn't be necessary at this point

can you post the [config] section of your insteon.ini

Leave a comment:

• RogerL
    replied
    More troubleshooting done. I downloaded the latest drivers from the ftdl link you posted in another thread, although they may or may not be newer than what I had.
    i also added the "porttype=USG" to the config file, and removed the two entries about the login and password for the hub. Nothing changed, still fails.

I was thinking of copying off the config files and everything that has my old device info, and doing a clean install and see if it works then.
    the question then becomes if it does, can I copy all my node information into the new config and get it to import to the new install?

Leave a comment:

• RogerL
    replied
    weird, I got the PLM, plugged it in, connected it to HS PC. The USB got recognized as COM8, and the software would not see it.
    so I removed all the other USB, reset it to COM3 thinking there was a limitation, and it still fails to load, says it can't communicate with the interface.
    I've disabled, re-enabled, uninstalled, re-installed, rebooted a kazillion times.
    no luck. am I missing something?

Leave a comment:

• RogerL
    replied
    nah, not really.... with a past life as a PC repair tech for both CompUSA and Gateway (gawd I'm old) i know how many people didn't do backups, much less regular ones. lol

Leave a comment:

• mnsandler
    replied
    Originally posted by RogerL View Post
    i run an automatic full backup every monday morning, so i got that covered. ;-)
    good to hear. you would be surprised how many users here don't do back ups

Leave a comment:

• RogerL
    replied
    Good to know, i will let you know how it goes.
    i run an automatic full backup every monday morning, so i got that covered. ;-)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X