This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS4 stopped communicating with the insteon hub

Hi.HS4 stopped communicating with the insteon hub.The IP address hasn't changed and is reserved in the Router.HS4 and the Insteon hub are connected to the same network switch.I tried the username and password I've inputed in the Insteon app in my iPhone and also tried the username and password that's printed on the insteon hub but nothing works.Any thoughts?

what plugin version are you running? if you aren't running the latest beta, please give that a try. I've make changes specific to comm with the hub.

you should be using the username/pswd on the bottom of the unit with the plugin.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Figured it out.It's the Hub user and password printed on the hub.the problem was after inputting the user and pass into the plugin and saving it still said unable to connect.I had to relaunch HS4 to get it to work.

Comment

thanks for reporting back. can you tell me what version of the plugin you are running?
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Insteon plugin 3.0.7.1 on Troller Pi HS 4.1.9.0

Comment

doesn't sound like you have were having comm issues with the hub, but i've made some changes to the network connection between the plugin and hub in the latest beta. You might want to give it a try. It will be in production at some point.
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Hi Mark.I had your plugin running solid on the linux troller PI after I upgraded to the beta and downgraded again and that fixed my problems.I just got the home troller pro HS4 with windows and now I got the same issues again.All devices say excellent Com. I have the polling interval set to 1 minute.Half of my devices show a question mark.I used the user name and password that's printed on the bottom of the Insteon Hub.Any ideas?Thanks, Michael

Comment

what version of HS4 and the plugin are you running?

"I have the polling interval set to 1 minute" for how many devices?

anything in the hs log? any InsteonErrorReport.log files generated?
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

HS Pro 4.1.9.1 Windows Insteon plugin 3.0.7.1 used the beta as well but have the same problem. Polling 35 devices every 1 minute.Yes there are errors in the log.I've attached the file
                  Attached Files

Comment

Please update to the latest beta since you are using the hub. I don't want to waste our time with the older version.

polling 35 devices every minute is aggressive; you might be flooding the network/hub. if you disable polling from the plugin, how does the plugin work?
                    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

just updated to v 3.0.7.36 got this warning in the log file.
                      Attached Files

Comment

the hub looks busy based on the 1515 responses i see.

can you post a screen shot of the plugin config page (just the top) and the advanced tab. i need to see the settings
                        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

If your Insteon network is clean and robust, you shouldn't normally need to poll any devices at all. Polling when its not necessary just slows things down because the valid comms have to compete with the polling for powerline time.

If you have just upgraded from a Pi to a PC, you will need to put an Insteon FilterLinc on the PC's power plug. All PC's, and most flat screens have power noise filters that work great to kill powerline noise, but also unfortunately kill Insteon and X10 signals. Plug a power bar into a FilterLinc, then all your electronic stuff into the power bar except the Insteon Modem/Hub which needs to be directly into the wall. This will allow the Modem/Hub to transmit out to the network at full power, and receive incoming signals unattenuated.

Comment

just added a noise filter.attached are screenshots
                            Attached Files

Comment

sadly still the same problem.when turn lights on from my iPhone it takes about 10 seconds till they turn on and then I get the question mark symbol.I've attached the error log.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X