HS4 stopped communicating with the insteon hub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Mark
    I started a new topic about it but nobody responded.
    How do I change from a insteon hub to a 2413U?I ran your swap interface but it asks for the old interface ID.How do I input the new interface ID?

Comment

i posted this to the visitor message you left earlier. did you not get it?

you need to enter the insteon id for the hub. the plugin knows what the new plm id is. you can run the swap routine several times. it will only update devices with the old ID
      Mark

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 (by Kirby) | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | NetCAM | MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Jon00 Charting
      Platform: HP h8-1360t, Windows Server 2012 R2, i7-3.4GHz, 16GB memory

Comment

I didn't get the visit message.I ran the swap interface using the current insteon hub ID.I got the prompt that all 45 devices have been successfully reprogrammed.Pulling the ethernet cable from my hub to test if all runs through the new PLM but it doesn't.How di I test if your plugin sees the new insteon PLM?is there a com port I need to enter somewhere?

Comment

you need to change the config page and enter the correct COM port and then restart the plugin

hover over the blue ? to see a list of option ports if you dont know whiich one
          Mark

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534
          Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway
          Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 (by Kirby) | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | NetCAM | MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Jon00 Charting

Comment

It says com1 and com2 but nothing works.do I need to configure those ports in windows10?

Comment

please start a new thread in the forum. we are way off topic for this thread
              Mark

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534

Comment

hound a earlier post that I have to install :
                3. For Windows, If you have a 2412u, 2413u or 2448A7T, then download and install the latest ftdi chipset drivers. this driver will provide the virtual com port that the plugin needs. This is probably not necessary for Homeseer appliances, or other Linux installations.
                http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm
                installation instructions: http://www.ftdichip.com/Support/Docu...tallGuides.htm
                Is that still the case for the 2413U

Comment

if you are using window install the drivers, and see the device manager to determine the com port to use in the plugin. my guess is COM3 after you install the driers
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534

Comment

Working...
                  X