Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it looks like the plugin stops talking to the insteon hub when I get the question marks.Insteon hub is showing a green light.when I disable and re-enable the plugin it starts communicating again.see log.
    Attached Files

Comment

Mark will probably want to see "Detailed" logging level. Did you try disabling automatic polling?

Comment

looks like hs4 disconnects from the insteon hub.see log
        Attached Files

Comment

can you run the reset and reprogram function from the plugin config page?
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
          Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
          Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
          Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Did reset and reprogram. looked good for 30 minutes now I have question marks again

Comment

are you using the insteon app as well? if not, please uncheck the 'process ACKs' option from the advanced tab. also for now, display polling from the config page

please enabled detailed logging, control one device from the hs ui, and then post the log snippet of that transaction.
              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
              Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
              Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
              Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

OK did that log is attached.After not playing with it for an hour i checked the installed plugin page and it had: unable to communicate with hub.after disabling and reenabling the plugin all will be fine for 30 minutes.Same username and password.somehow the plugin disconnects from the insteon hub. looked at the http://connect.insteon.com/getinfo.asp page and the hub is online and stable.
                Attached Files

Comment

I've reset the insteon hub as well

Comment

(1) can you tell me about the network setup between the hometroller pro HS4 and the hub? how are they connected?

(2) what is the insteon id of your hub?

also, on the config page, change the Maximum Hops to 4
                    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

both are connected to a netgear switch.Running diagnostics on the switch show no errors.insteon hub ID 50.B7.75 Home seer and insteon have both static IPs.I've fired up the Linksys troller PI again and it's rock solid.Running the same versions on HS4 and your plugin on the Linux as on the windows system.I also have insteon motion sensors they work fine on the linux system and are not working properly on the windows HS4.

Comment

there is no difference in the plugin code regarding linux vs windows when it comes to the hub. the difference is windows runs .Net and linux runs Mono.

is the plugin generating any Insteon Error Report.log files in the hs config folder? if so, can you post the latest.

could you try plugging in the hub to a different circuit just to rule out noise from the new hometroller. just use a long extension cord from the hub to a different outlet
                        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

I have a tech room all electronics are going through a smartphone filter link 1626-10 except the insteon hub

Comment

I'm not a PC guy.where is the config folder located

Comment

its a subfolder within the homeseer root folder
                              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

if I click on the HS4 folder all I see is HS4 and HS speaker

Comment

Working...
                                X