This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chubafelix View Post
    Hello Mark, I am posting in this tread because I believe I have the same issue in insteon beta with polling.

A couple of days ago I upgraded to beta 7.36. There was no problem in the upgrade and initial operation. I did not change any of the plugin config from version 7.1 to version 7.36. The connection to Insteon HUB was also same with all same devices on inteon network.

First I noticed that Insteon Thermostat plugin was not updating correct values. There were no errors in the log. I went to insteon config page and ran a test comm function of one of the dimmer lights. The communication failed 100%. I went back to main config page of Insteon pluing and it said that plugin disconnected from hub (check your ports, etc). I disabled and then re-enabled the plugin and all started to work correctly. Test comm with same dimmer was 100%, themrostat was updating. Again, I did not see any errors in the HS log.
    A day later I experience the same issue. One difference was that after I restarted the insteon and insteon thermostat plugins, the thermostat plugin was still not updating correct values. This time I had to restart HS. After that all worked.

Thus, today I went back to v7.1 of insteon plugin as I have not had any such issues with this version for an extended period of time. I would be happy to test this further if you want to try to fix this. I would have one suggestion. There needs to be an error in HS log once insteon plugin losses communication with Insteon HUB for an extended period of time (extended = a few minutes).
    Thanks very much Mark for your work.
    Felix
    can you tell me the type of hub and fw

i would also like to see a detailed log of what you are seeing in the hs log. enable detailed logging in the plugin

there is a insteon special trigger called "Interface stops responding" that you can use to get notification. there are errors/warnings logged, but I had to limit this so it wouldn't overrun the log.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Hi Mark, I am currently running v7.1 and I will go back to v7.36 and capture detailed logs in a day or so.

Meanwhile, I have a number of items. A shot of hub label shows model number. The screen grab from Insteon HUB APP shows bin version and PLM vers. The screen shot of your plugin shows how I configured the plugin.

Also, from earlier today I saw these in the log.
      Jan-29 8:32:00 AM Insteon Could not set the Interface configuration. Init failed.
      Jan-29 7:11:42 AM Insteon Warning! Communications lost. Attempting to restart the port...
      Jan-29 1:56:06 AM Insteon You need to set the Interface Port on the Config page, and then restart the plugin.
      Jan-29 1:56:06 AM Insteon Warning: Unable to connect to the remote server
      Jan-28 6:37:22 PM Insteon Warning! Communications lost. Attempting to restart the port...
      So this show that plugin was aware of no connection to hub. How can I trigger on this in an event and send my self a message?

Thank you
      Felix

Click image for larger version

Name:	plugin config.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	115.6 KB
ID:	1452354Click image for larger version

Name:	hubversion.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	36.5 KB
ID:	1452355Click image for larger version

Name:	hub model.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	88.6 KB
ID:	1452356

Comment

is the plugin generating a "insteon error report.log" file? look in the config folder. if so, please zip and post. I need to see the log msgs that lead up to your issue.
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
          is the plugin generating a "insteon error report.log" file? look in the config folder. if so, please zip and post. I need to see the log msgs that lead up to your issue.
          No unfortunately I had log set to none. I will capture this again in a day or so.

Comment

One thing that would really help me is to understand how to trigger an event when I see
            Insteon Warning! Communications lost. Attempting to restart the port...
            Is there no way to have an event trigger from a phrase in HS log?

Comment

please try my trigger first that I referenced above. I'm not sure if hs has a trigger based on log entries. i think there is another plugin that can do that, but i will refer you to the other hs sub forums for more info.
              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

please try my trigger first that I referenced above. I'm not sure if hs has a trigger based on log entries. i think there is another plugin that can do that, but i will refer you to the other hs sub forums for more info.
                Mark, I created an event that triggers on insteon: interface stops responding. THis never triggers. I also tried other triggers available in version 7.1, none get triggered.

As you can see from this log, the connection is broken but the even trigger using Insteon trigger never works. Again, I am using 7.1 now and I just disconnected network cable from Insteon hub.
                Jan-29 2:38:07 PM Insteon Warning: Unable to connect to the remote server
                Jan-29 2:37:53 PM Insteon You need to set the Interface Port on the Config page, and then restart HS.
                Jan-29 2:37:53 PM Insteon Warning: Unable to connect to the remote server
                Jan-29 2:37:46 PM Insteon You need to set the Interface Port on the Config page, and then restart HS.
                Jan-29 2:37:46 PM Insteon Warning: Unable to connect to the remote server
                Jan-29 2:37:32 PM Insteon You need to set the Interface Port on the Config page, and then restart HS.
                Jan-29 2:37:32 PM Insteon Warning: Unable to connect to the remote server
                Jan-29 2:37:25 PM Insteon You need to set the Interface Port on the Config page, and then restart HS.
                Jan-29 2:37:25 PM Insteon Warning: Unable to connect to the remote server
                Jan-29 2:37:11 PM Insteon You need to set the Interface Port on the Config page, and then restart HS.
                Jan-29 2:37:11 PM Insteon Warning: Unable to connect to the remote server
                Jan-29 2:37:04 PM Insteon You need to set the Interface Port on the Config page, and then restart HS.
                Jan-29 2:37:04 PM Insteon Warning: Unable to connect to the remote server
                Jan-29 2:36:50 PM Insteon Unable to connect to the remote server
                Jan-29 2:36:28 PM Insteon Unable to connect to the remote server
                Jan-29 2:36:06 PM Insteon Unable to connect to the remote server
                Jan-29 2:35:44 PM Insteon Unable to connect to the remote server
                Jan-29 2:35:22 PM Insteon Unable to connect to the remote server
                Jan-29 2:34:59 PM Insteon Unable to connect to the remote server

Comment

Sorry Mark, I spoke too soon. It looks like your plugin waits for at least 10 commands to fail before it sends a message that interface has failed. My event triggered at that point.
                  Jan-29 2:47:03 PM Insteon Interface successfully restarted.
                  Jan-29 2:46:59 PM Insteon Hub contacted on 192.168.0.24:25105 with an Insteon address of 46.2C.8E and firmware version A5
                  Jan-29 2:46:46 PM email Email successfully sent to felix
                  Jan-29 2:46:46 PM Insteon Attempting to restart the port and Interface...
                  Jan-29 2:46:45 PM Event Event Trigger "Save Electricity insteon fail"
                  Jan-29 2:46:45 PM Insteon Warning! Communications lost. Attempting to restart the port...
                  Jan-29 2:46:45 PM Insteon Interface_TrapError called from SendHex
                  Jan-29 2:46:45 PM Insteon The Hub has failed to transmit the last 10 commands.

Comment

Felix, you are on the right track. please set detailed logging in the plugin now.
                    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Felix, you are on the right track. please set detailed logging in the plugin now.
                      Just FYI, there has not been any communication issues. Running on 7.36 with no problems. Will give it another couple of days.

Comment

Good to hear. Has anything changed, or what is different now that everything is working as expected?
                        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Good to hear. Has anything changed, or what is different now that everything is working as expected?
                          Mark, it looks like the problem is with Thermostat plugin. I can't reproduce the issue when your plugin loses connection with insteon hub. However, there are some significant problems with thermostat plugin when running on top of your 7.36 beta. The errors and problems from thermostat plugin are all over the place. Incorrect data returned (as compared to what I see visually on tstat), and now I get this error from it.
                          Feb-01 8:32:00 AM Insteon Thermostat Error InsteonRcv [01 3D 6B 42 46 2C 8E 11 2E 02 01 01 09 28 10 20 4B 19 00 CB C0 45 E0 7D] The given key was not present in the dictionary.
                          Feb-01 8:32:00 AM Insteon Thermostat Unexpected mode value returned from 0x00 0x2E 0x09 extended get (read set 3): 75
                          Feb-01 8:32:00 AM Insteon Thermostat t1 Humidity = 32
                          Feb-01 8:32:00 AM Insteon Thermostat t1 Temp = 776
                          Feb-01 8:32:00 AM Insteon Thermostat Degrees format is UNKNOWN. Assuming Fahrenheit
                          Feb-01 8:29:11 AM Insteon Thermostat Error InsteonRcv [01 3D 6B 42 46 2C 8E 11 2E 02 01 01 09 25 19 20 4B 19 00 CB C0 45 7B A4] The given key was not present in the dictionary.
                          Feb-01 8:29:11 AM Insteon Thermostat Unexpected mode value returned from 0x00 0x2E 0x09 extended get (read set 3): 75

BIG QUESTION HERE: do you know if the thermostat plugin was tested with your beta 7.36?

Comment

i don't have an answer about the tstat plugin. there is a separate forum for that plugin. you could ask there. you can see my change log for my beta. i dont believe i changed anything related to the interface between the two plugins.

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/li...-windows-linux
                            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

i don't have an answer about the tstat plugin. there is a separate forum for that plugin. you could ask there. you can see my change log for my beta. i dont believe i changed anything related to the interface between the two plugins.

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/li...-windows-linux
                              I did not mean to imply that you changed the interface. I did post the details of this to Nathan (thermostat dev). Here it is:
                              https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/th...48#post1453148

I am not sure what to do with this because I have not been happy with how Insteon Thermostat works. It did work ok for quite a while with your version 7.1 version of the plugin. But even then, the status values were sometimes stuck for a period of time until finally updated to correct values. I was considering changing to a z-wave thermostat but I am concerned about interference between z-wave and Insteon RF. They use the same frequency and I have Insteon switches all over this house, no z-wave. Are you aware of any interference between Insteon RF and z-wave?

Meanwhile, I will hope to hear from Nathan on Insteon Thermostat plugin. Thank you

Comment

I can't say for sure if z-wave and insteon RF can coexist; i dont have any first hand experience with zwave. But i believe there are plenty of users here and in the zwave forum that use both and don't have an issue. Each protocol has a very low bandwidth requirement. so i believe they can share the frequency without issue.
                                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                                X