HS-4 installing X-10 Devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS-4 installing X-10 Devices

Long time user Mark, but now that I'm using HS4 I don't see how to add X-10 Devices?

are you able create a generic device hs HS4 and assign it an x10 code?
    Mark

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 (by Kirby) | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | NetCAM | MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Jon00 Charting
    Platform: HP h8-1360t, Windows Server 2012 R2, i7-3.4GHz, 16GB memory

Comment

When I try to add a device, it only shows Virtual Device to add, when I try to add an Insteon device it's asking for 3 sets of numbers/letters.

Comment

This is what I'm seeing.
        Attached Files

Comment

my plugin never supported 'creating' x10 devices because this was supported in HS3.HST has clearly removed the ability to assign an x10 code to a virtual device.

this is going to be a problem. I'm not planning on modifying my hs3 plugin to support anything that broke in HS4.

I will deal with this in my HS4 plugin
          Mark

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534
          Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway
          Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 (by Kirby) | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | NetCAM | MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Jon00 Charting
          Platform: HP h8-1360t, Windows Server 2012 R2, i7-3.4GHz, 16GB memory

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
            my plugin never supported 'creating' x10 devices because this was supported in HS3.HST has clearly removed the ability to assign an x10 code to a virtual device.

this is going to be a problem. I'm not planning on modifying my hs3 plugin to support anything that broke in HS4.

I will deal with this in my HS4 plugin
            Your plugin absolutely did support creating X-10 devices simply by assigning a code, which has for some reason removed. I now have Insteon X-10 devices that I can't even tell what address they are, so I can't even copy a device and change the address. Ever since this X-10 plugin came about that feature is gone from your plugin. This doesn't happen by accident. The new X-10 plugin does not support a 2413U, and my Raspberry Pi doesn't have a serial interface. How am I supposed to use a CM11a serial interface with a Raspberry Pi? This absolutely should be part of your plugin (as it was, and working with the HS3 version) because Insteon switches also have X-10 addresses.

Comment

Originally posted by Isk82 View Post

Your plugin absolutely did support creating X-10 devices simply by assigning a code, which has for some reason removed. I now have Insteon X-10 devices that I can't even tell what address they are, so I can't even copy a device and change the address. Ever since this X-10 plugin came about that feature is gone from your plugin. This doesn't happen by accident. The new X-10 plugin does not support a 2413U, and my Raspberry Pi doesn't have a serial interface. How am I supposed to use a CM11a serial interface with a Raspberry Pi? This absolutely should be part of your plugin (as it was, and working with the HS3 version) because Insteon switches also have X-10 addresses.
              Nobody wants to address this, huh?

Comment

Working...
              X