This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2466SW Version issue?

I have been using Insteon for a few years with HS and they've been solid. I had some older 2466SW switches lying around and decided to add them to control the lights in my shop. The existing switches are version 6.1, 6.2 or 6.2 and these older ones are version 4.4. After installing them, I have had issues with HS connecting to the PLM and have had to restart the Plugin or restart the PC a few times to re-establish communication. Is there a compatibility issue with older switches? I'm thinking that it was a coincidence that the PLM is just started getting flaky the same day the switches went in.

i'm not aware of any compatibility issues. enable detailed logging and watch the log for extra or unusal msgs from the old switches. Also, try pulling the set button on one switch to kill power and see if things improve.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Turned on debug logging and nothing unusual except a rare could not connect to the PLM. Everything had settled down and was working well for 3 or 4 days then today constant "could not connect interface" errors. Just ordered a new PLM since nothing seems to resolve it.

Comment

Be warned that if there is a physical fault with one of the switches that is causing it to constantly transmit non-sense, it will keep the PLM from talking to the Insteon plug-in. Pull the air-gap switches on all the switches you just added, reset the plugin and PLM, and see if normal control returns for the remaining switches.
        Been there, done that...

Comment

I stopped and restarted the PI this morning and now it's working again. The next time it fails I will definitely try your suggestion, joegr . Otherwise, the new PLM will be here on Saturday.

Comment

Working...
          X