This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need reminder how to add X-10 device

I have several functioning X-10 devices in my HS3 ZeeS2 which mainly consists of Insteon devices on Mark's plugin. I want to add an X-10 appliance module for the Christmas tree and although I have added X-10 devices previously I cannot now remember the proper sequence to do it again.

Originally posted by allenc3 View Post
    I have several functioning X-10 devices in my HS3 ZeeS2 which mainly consists of Insteon devices on Mark's plugin. I want to add an X-10 appliance module for the Christmas tree and although I have added X-10 devices previously I cannot now remember the proper sequence to do it again.
    When you add new device, if you have X-10 plugin installed, you should have an X10 tab for the device configuration. That tab is where you set the house and unit code for the device, not on the Configuration page. The Configuration page can tell you the available codes ("Display available codes), which can then guide you on what code to set on the X10 tab.
    "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
    "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

Comment

That is the problem... I create a new device and do not see the Insteon tab next to Status Graphics. I see that tab on other X10 devices in the system but not on a new device. What am I not doing to see the Insteon tab?

Comment

That is the problem... I create a new device and do not see the Insteon tab next to Status Graphics. I see that tab on other X10 devices in the system but not on a new device. What am I not doing to see the Insteon tab?
        That does happen to me, too. The workaround: Keep creating devices until one finally has the tab or duplicate a device that has the tab and then change it to the new code that you want.
        "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023

Comment

"duplicate a device" I do not know how to duplicate a device in HS3. How is that done? I could have used that many times over the years.

Comment

"duplicate a device" I do not know how to duplicate a device in HS3. How is that done? I could have used that many times over the years.
            On the Devices page, select item by clicking box next to it on far left column; go to top, pull down menu, select "copy." If this is not clear, I can try to get a picture.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Copy.png
Views:	118
Size:	367.5 KB
ID:	1440284
              Attached Files

Comment

WoW! I see that now. Haven't noticed it before. THANKS! I'll try that but I still think there is something missing from what I am doing to not get the Insteon tab when I create a Device.

However, I just copied a working X10 Device pasted it and changed the particulars, and now the new X10 device works. Thank you for the help.

Comment

Glad it worked.

Comment

Originally posted by Richel View Post
                    Glad it worked.
                    Yeah well that didn't work for me. I get an exact copy with the same lack of parameters. No place to change the X-10 address.

Comment

Originally posted by Isk82 View Post

I get an exact copy with the same lack of parameters. No place to change the X-10 address.
                      Did you copy an X-10 device that had the Insteon tab? I think you must have. That is what i did and that did work after i modified the parameters for the new X-10 device. As was mentioned you may have to try a few times.

What worries me is that I added many X-10 devices when i set up HS3 and had no problems. Months went by and now when i try to add an X-10 device there is no Insteon tab in the Device.

Comment

Did you copy an X-10 device that had the Insteon tab? I think you must have. That is what i did and that did work after i modified the parameters for the new X-10 device. As was mentioned you may have to try a few times.

What worries me is that I added many X-10 devices when i set up HS3 and had no problems. Months went by and now when i try to add an X-10 device there is no Insteon tab in the Device.
                        I did, and there is no place to edit an x-10 address. I encourage you to try it again and tell me it it still works for you, because I am betting good money they disabled that too. I'm going about this a different way. HST will understand.

Comment

Does the device you are copying have the X10 tab? That is where you can change the address of the copy.
                          It might help to post a screen shot of the original device and the copy. They should be identical except for the name.
                          Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
                          HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
                            Does the device you are copying have the X10 tab? That is where you can change the address of the copy.
                            It might help to post a screen shot of the original device and the copy. They should be identical except for the name.
                            Well the bulk edit doesn't create a new device anyway, says it does but the total number of devices doesn't change and it's nowhere to be found. Here's a screenshot of the original and as you can see, there';s no X-10 tab. There used to be, but it's been removed. The device string still says Insteon X10, and the plugin does perform the functions through the 2413U PLM, but under manage device all it says it supports X10 functions, but the ability to create or change an X10 address has been removed. And the X10 plugin does not work for me on Linux Pi box.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                            X