This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mrceolla View Post
    I don't want to hijack this thread, but I've always been puzzled as to why dual-band doesn't overcome powerline noise issues when you have plenty of dual-band devices near each other. If anyone knows of a thread or post on that particular topic I would love to read it.
    I agree. My theory - the noise on the powerline gets so bad that the Hub is overwhelmed trying to make sense of that traffic to a point where it does not have the cycles to process the RF part of the transmissions.

Comment

very strange. everyone else that is using a hub with v3.0.7.36 is working fine. I made specific changes between 3.0.7.1 and .36 to fix some buffering issues.

the mystery sequence is 027F0206. let me know if you see this with 3.0.7.1. this sequence just doesn't mean anything to the hub; its very strange.

can you increase Max Hops if you experience issues in the near future.
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
        very strange. everyone else that is using a hub with v3.0.7.36 is working fine. I made specific changes between 3.0.7.1 and .36 to fix some buffering issues.

the mystery sequence is 027F0206. let me know if you see this with 3.0.7.1. this sequence just doesn't mean anything to the hub; its very strange.

can you increase Max Hops if you experience issues in the near future.
        I still get that 027F0206 sequence with 3.0.7.1, but look at the attached log, a filtered extract. I'm sure you'll also see the time pattern ... strange.

As to max hops, now that I have a more stable system, I'll be putting in SwitchLincs all over the house. That mesh should improvet ransmissions I would think.
        Attached Files

Comment

Claude,

looks like these messages are received every 30 mins or so. check your events.

something on the network is generating these bogus message that the hub is ingesting and causing problems.

check for any device that is polled every 30 minutes.

Try pulling the air-gap on each switch, see if you can correlate the messages with some other events in your home/home automation.
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
          Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
          Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
          Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
            Claude,

looks like these messages are received every 30 mins or so. check your events.

something on the network is generating these bogus message that the hub is ingesting and causing problems.

check for any device that is polled every 30 minutes.

Try pulling the air-gap on each switch, see if you can correlate the messages with some other events in your home/home automation.
            Just to be clear, the intervals value is increasing over time, see attached edited log . So polling should not be an issue and,regardless, polling is not active, see attached parameters.

I checked all my events and none have a ~30 minute interval, actually none have any type of interval. I have old events that refer to non-existing devices, but the events page shows they have not been run for over a year and a half.

"Pulling air-gap on each switch" - I have only LampLincs so far that I have been reset multiple times; SwitchLincs are my next install once I feel comfortable with the stability of the system, but not yet part of the system..

"something on the network is generating these bogus message that the hub is ingesting and causing problems" - Agreed, but how do I nail this one ? I have detailed logging set and nothing pops up.

I know, this is not an obvious bug, but I still need to nail this one before installing Insteon further.
            Attached Files

Comment

start unglugging non-insteon devices or turning off entire circuits to see if you can isolate the problem. the insteon/hs log can only tell you when the noise goes away; it can't tell you where its coming from.

add filterlincs to known devices that cause problems (computer, UPSs, TVs, wall adapters, etc)
              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
              X