• Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS4 4.1.10.0. Stopped Processing Signals from Insteon Output Devices

Updated to HS4 4.1.10.0. in Windows 8.1.😔
    INPUTS from ALL Insteon devices stopped being recognized by HS4.😱
    Tried a bunch of stuff to resolve with no success.😓😱
    🤔
    What finally worked for me was performing an "Update Interface Database" in the "Main Insteon Page"😌
    It's the first item in the "Plugin Utility Functions" configuration section for the mnsandler Insteon Plug-in.✔
    Simple fix!... at least so far.🙂

Hope that this is helpful to others...

Click image for larger version  Name:	Insteon Issue.jpg Views:	0 Size:	217.5 KB ID:	1441368

what about controlling devices? specifically kpls. are you able to control the Load from the Grid device page?
    Mark

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 (by Kirby) | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | NetCAM | MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Jon00 Charting
    Platform: HP h8-1360t, Windows Server 2012 R2, i7-3.4GHz, 16GB memory

Comment

After I did the HS4 update and before I did the "Update Interface Database", I could control Insteon "output" modules without any issues.

To illustrate the problem, on an "Insteon I/O Linc, 2450 - Remote Control Plug-in Low Voltage Controller", I could turn it on and off, but signals generated by the modules' input never got to the device grid, showed up on the HS4 log, or triggered any events. (this was actually a rather serious problem).

Another example: Insteon device management would recognize my MINI remotes when I did a "Test Comm" scan and a "Program Device for Homeseer" but still didn't process any signals into the HS4 app...until I did the "Update Interface Database".

P.S. What are kpls?

Comment

thanks. KPLs are keypadlins. there seems to be an issue with controlling them from the hs4 UI; specifically the grid view.
        Mark

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 (by Kirby) | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | NetCAM | MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Jon00 Charting
        Platform: HP h8-1360t, Windows Server 2012 R2, i7-3.4GHz, 16GB memory

Comment

Working...
        X