Interface Port Information - PLC Not Communicating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interface Port Information - PLC Not Communicating

Bam! Just like that I lost all functionality of my Insteon devices with my HS4 Pro. Found my way to the Insteon Plugin Config page and the PLC Interface Port was blank with a error message "Warning. Please check the interface and enter the Interface Port information on the config page and restart HS". I entered the PLC 6 digit Insteon code, clicked Save and restarted HS. But still same error message. I attempted to delete the plugin and reinstall, but that did not change any behavior either. Help Please.

Originally posted by dmusel View Post
    Bam! Just like that I lost all functionality of my Insteon devices with my HS4 Pro. Found my way to the Insteon Plugin Config page and the PLC Interface Port was blank with a error message "Warning. Please check the interface and enter the Interface Port information on the config page and restart HS". I entered the PLC 6 digit Insteon code, clicked Save and restarted HS. But still same error message. I attempted to delete the plugin and reinstall, but that did not change any behavior either. Help Please.
    are on Windows or Linux? You won't put a code in for the port there should be a dropdown to choose it. (there is on Linux anyway) Different procedures to figure out which port the PLM is on depending on the OS but just try different ports and restart. Are you sure the PLM is good? I've had them die over the years in fact I keep one as a backup.

Comment

Windows. Ok. I'll go and take a look at the COM ports again. Thanks.

That was it. Not sure why I thought I needed to add the PLM code. It was the COM port. BUT ... ALL of my devices have now disappeared. Only my virtual devices remain.

WTHeck?

Comment

I don't have HS4, but on my Windows HS3, there is just a text field. Currently it has a value of "COM4". Your Comm ports are usually numbered 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 etc.
        HomeSeer 3, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Smart Speakers, Foscam cameras, Amcrest camera, RCA HSDB2a doorbell
        Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

Comment

Originally posted by mrceolla View Post
          I don't have HS4, but on my Windows HS3, there is just a text field. Currently it has a value of "COM4". Your Comm ports are usually numbered 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 etc.
          Correct and now that we know he's on Windows he can use the Windows device manager and see which com ports are used. ANd I was mistaken about the dropdown menu for ports. That is on the X10 plugin. As for the missing devices? Not sure.

Comment

That was it. Not sure why I thought I needed to add the PLM code. It was the COM port. BUT ... ALL of my devices have now disappeared. Only my virtual devices remain.

WTHeck?
            In HS, the Insteon plugin, or both? What's in your Insteon.ini? That controls the plugin. I think the database controls HS devices. Do you have backups?

HomeSeer 3, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Smart Speakers, Foscam cameras, Amcrest camera, RCA HSDB2a doorbell
            Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

Comment

Windows. Ok. I'll go and take a look at the COM ports again. Thanks.

WTHeck?
              You have lost your Insteon.ini file. It contains all the Insteon settings and Insteon devices. When it gets lost or corrupted the system recreates a new one, which of course knows nothing about your system. Find your most recent backup and replace the newly created Insteon.ini with the backup. It is located in the "Config" folder. All your Insteon devices and Insteon settings will be restored. For best results, use the Insteon.ini file that is from the same backup as the current HS database. If new Insteon devices have been created since the backup, you will need to recreate them in the Insteon.ini file so they match with HS.

There has been a bug in HS for quite a while that occasionally ( but rarely) deletes the Insteon.ini file. I've had it happen and the above resolves it.

Comment

Working...
              X