Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Only Link A-B-C-D seperate ON/Off INSTEON® 6-Button Scene Control Keypad (#2487S)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only Link A-B-C-D seperate ON/Off INSTEON® 6-Button Scene Control Keypad (#2487S)

I have installed two INSTEON® 6-Button Scene Control Keypad, Dual-Band (#2487S)

I made a drawing to clarify what I want to do....

I've read the manual but can't seem to wrap my head around how to keep the Buttons & ON/Off Functions separate to control different light strings ... Each light string has HUE lights I want to On/Off control each string separately, and use the buttons to trigger an event calling a Jowie Hue scene.

Device Mapping for all buttons
    ========================

Switch 1 ON/Off = Turn On/Off Light String #1

Switch 2 On/Off = Turn On/Off Light String #2

=====================================

Buttons A-B-C-D i want to link one to one

A-A
    B-B
    C-C
    D-D

Example:

If you press A on Switch 1 then Switch 2 will mirror the action and Illuminate the A button. a Scene Event is triggered by the A button from either Switch 1 or 2 (I plan on using the button press to trigger an Action to turn on a Jowie Hue Scene .

If you Press any A button again illumination behind the switch will go off in both A buttons. understanding any further action is controlled by an event triggered when A button is OFF

this will be the same action for all A-B-C-D buttons.

Since the A-B-C-D buttons in this situation are changing the same lights on the string I would prefer to only have One Button at a time Light up. I don't want multiple buttons ON activating multiple scenes only one scene can be called at a time. Is this the Radio button function?

====================================

Click image for larger version  Name:	Link Switch r1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	24.7 KB ID:	1445465

I've read the Insteon 2487s Owners manual but it doesn't address how to do this. I would appreciate some guidance / direction on how to accomplish this..

does simply cross linking only the buttons accomplish this???????

Click image for larger version  Name:	Link Switch r2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	36.8 KB ID:	1445473

This is a large WAF factor project for me.... We have about 30 Hue lights set up with the Jowie Plugin. WAF wants a simple button in several locations around the house she can press to get lighting scenes she wants ....

A- Grill to spot light the out door Kitchen.
    B- Spa for swimming.
    C- Table for ambient to have Dinner outdoor .
    D- Energize for security brights lights

She created the scenes, I have the switches installed Now I have to get them linked

Many thanks

Devoir

programming a,b,c,d into a radio button group will allow only one to be active (On) at a time. you will need to do this on both Devices.

you have the right idea to link a-a, b-b, etc with the cross link option checked. this will allow one to control the other.

as for creating an event trigger, you will need to use an OR to capture either A1 or A2 as the trigger, and so on for the other scenes
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Mark,

Many thanks for the assistance.

I didn't think about the event needing A1 or A2, I will make sure I do that.

============================================================ =====

So I will need to set both switches to Radio Group1 .....

What does the combine function do?

Click image for larger version  Name:	Link Switch r3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	47.3 KB ID:	1445570

==================================================

I managed to get the two devices linked it was super late so I didn't get to test them yet,

Click image for larger version  Name:	Link Switch r4.jpg Views:	0 Size:	140.9 KB ID:	1445571

==============================

added the two buttons for either to trigger the scene

Click image for larger version

Name:	Link Switch r4.png
Views:	192
Size:	37.3 KB
ID:	1445763

I certainly appreciate all of your assistance. I've migrated to HS4 and the plugin has worked great.....

Devoir

Comment

Glad to hear its working.

Combine allows two (or more) buttons act as one. e.g. Combine A & B and now they go on and off together. I've seen users combine A&B and C&D and replace the physical keycaps with a wider keycap and make a 4 button kpl.
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Looking at the Operation Flags I have two questions.

1. The Insteon manual doesn't talk much about what the "Detach Load" function is..... what would someone use this for?

2. Is there a way to turn on/off the backlight and change the LED Brightness thru an event? at midnight WAF doesn't like how brigth the switch in on the bedroom she wants it Off.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Link Switch r3.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	21.0 KB
ID:	1445762

Devoir

Comment

1. detach load separates the A btn from the Load wire. thus the A button becomes like any other btn to control something else. The Load then must be controlled via HS. Not sure I have a good use case for this but it probably includes controlling a Light or Fan via the Load while the A btn does something else.

2. there are Insteon Actions for changing Settings and Op Flags via an event.
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Mark, Many thanks for this clarification...

Are you going to release a new manual with your HS4 Plugin?

+1 to the pay for service of your new update when it comes out.... I can't find a link in HS4 to any Insteon manual you published or the old information... it would really help slow learners like me..

Devoir

Comment

I will put together documentation once I release the HS4 Insteon plugin. No release date yet.
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                X