This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

create links with values between 5 increments

Is the limitation to create links with values in increments of 5 part of the insteon protocol itself, or the plugin? I've got an LED bulbs where I'd like to set a link with an on value of 27% These bulbs are the filament LED type without a driver circuit. They are a bit unstable at 35% where it flickers/pulses quite noticeably. But there's a big difference in brightness between 25 and 30% I can manually set the value to 27% via the slider and the bulb's intensity is stable at that level. Is it possible to create a link with this value?

the increment is a function of the plugin. the protocol allows 255 increments but you typically can see the brightness difference between 250 and 251 so I did increments of 5.

there is no easy way to support a 27% link at this time.

you could use the 'send command' action to set it to your value via event. convert 27% (of 255) equals 0x45 for an on level for cmd2. 0x11 is the On cmd.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Thanks. I'll play with the send command method with an event. Hopefully the event is fast enough to achieve an acceptable WAF I typically avoid events to process button presses to avoid the few seconds of latency. This particular use case has to work very smoothly. This event is one my wife uses daily when going to bed. She always goes to bed before me, so we have a button on a keypad by the bed and she presses it to dim the light as low as it goes so that when I come to bed, I can find my way into the room. As you can imagine, when the wife is going to bed, she just wants it to work perfectly and immediately.

Comment

I have exactly the same issue so thanks for asking the question Jon, and thanks Mark for the workaround!

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
          As you can imagine, when the wife is going to bed, she just wants it to work perfectly and immediately.
          Has she by any chance been talking to MY wife?

Jim Speiser
          38-year veteran of Home Automation
          Still don't know squat

Comment

Working...
          X