Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Testing a "very" basic HS4 insteon plugin

All,

This discussion is for existing long time insteon users that can run a completely separate HS4 test installation (on another pc or VM). That is, you can't use your primary HS4 installation (this pre-alpha version would ruin it). You must be able to erase the environment and start over; nothing built here will be reusable. I will not be responsible for any corruption to your main hs4 installation, and will not help restore anything.

As an example, I have a separate HS4 dev server with a separate controller that I use for testing. My HS3 installation is on a completely different server with a different controller.

What's functionality exists today:
    - takes an existing insteon.ini, create the new hs4 devices/features, and create standard button and slider controls.
    - has the insteon triggers and actions available.
    - provides an hs4 settings page, for setting the Interface port, and some of the standard plugin config settings.

What is not available right now:
    No ability to upgrade anything from an existing installation
    No ability to register new devices
    No ability to change any existing device settings or op flags
    No ability to add/edit/delete links
    No ability to manage groups

I guess I would like to know who has time and interest in doing some testing? if you think its too early, i'm open to that feedback too

**** Please do not respond with any issues you are having running the hs3 plugin on hs4; start a new thread for those
    Mark

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 (by Kirby) | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | NetCAM | MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Jon00 Charting
    Platform: HP h8-1360t, Windows Server 2012 R2, i7-3.4GHz, 16GB memory

I love seeing some work done towards a move to HS4, but unfortunately I do not have a test environment to test at this time. I am live on HS4, and don't mind some hiccups, so when you get closer to a beta release candidate I would be happy to test.
    HS Install Date: Feb. 16, 2007

HS3 Pro, Z-Wave, Insteon, BLStat, HS Touch Server, MyQ

WeatherXML, BLBackup, BLLAN, BLLock, Restart, CaddX, OpenSprinkler

Comment

Working...
    X