Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HS4 not registering switchlinc status changes...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• codemonkey
    replied
    Thank you again Mark, that fixed it and everything seems much snappier now.

Leave a comment:

• mnsandler
    replied
    usually a reset and reprogram on the device will fix that one device. However since you are experiencing the same issue on multiple switches, you might need to reset and reprogram your insteon interface to clean up the interface database links.

the interface will ignore an inbound message if it doesn't recognize the sender, and thus hs won't get updated.

Leave a comment:

• codemonkey
    started a topic HS4 not registering switchlinc status changes...

HS4 not registering switchlinc status changes...

I have a couple SwitchLinc devices that are acting odd.

Here is an example device:
    Device Type: Dual-Band SwitchLinc On/Off
    Firmware Version: 45
    Comm Reliability: 100% (4 failed out of 4604 cmds)

Here's what's going on:

HomeSeer can turn the light on/off without issue. When HomeSeer initiates a status change, that change is reflected in HSTouch and the device view. But if I make a change at the light switch, nothing gets logged. HomeSeer never gets notified of any status change.

Here's what I've tried:

I factory reset the above mentioned device and used the Insteon plugin to re-program it. No change.

I think this may be related but not sure:

When I look at the links for devices that still provide status, the links look like this:

Device Link Table (working device)
    Link #2 Load has local control reporting to HomeSeer
    Link #1 Load is controlled by HomeSeer using RF PLM Group #0 (i2CS Registration Link) - On Level : On
    Link #3 Load is controlled by HomeSeer using RF PLM Group #254 (HomeSeer All Devices Group) - On Level : On
    But on the above mentioned device they look like this:

Device Link Table (non-working device)
    Link #2 Load has local control reporting to HomeSeer
    Link #1 Load is controlled by HomeSeer using RF PLM Group #0 (i2CS Registration Link) - On Level : Off
    Link #3 Load is controlled by HomeSeer using RF PLM Group #254 (HomeSeer All Devices Group) - On Level : On
    Notice the On Level: Off at the end. I suspect this may have something to do with the issue but don't know what to do about it.

mnsandler Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
    Tony

P.S. if you need any further info, please let me know. I am currently running version 3.0.7.36 of your plug-in.
Working...
X