This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon Hub to replace PowerLinc USB 2413U

Team I can't seem to find a clean set of instructions to migrate from the USB 2413U to a new Insteon HUB 2245-222

Current System running on a Dedicated HP laptop

Windows 8 PRO 64 bit
    HS4 Pro Edition 4.1.11.0 (Windows)
    Insteon Plugin - v3.0.7.2

I tried to follow Marks' Getting started there are references just not enough for me to get over the hump

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/li...steon?t=158129

I'm hoping this might help other and guide folks interested in the HUB

Click image for larger version  Name:	Insteon Hub.jpg Views:	0 Size:	21.0 KB ID:	1452508

I found the IP address of the unit using an IP Scanner tool and login/pw on the bottom of the unit. It seems I can log in but it doesn't go anywhere.

I want to set a static address but I can't seem to get beyond this page on the Hub.

How do you get into this device to set it up? Does it require an account with Insteon? (I did setup an account for this HUB on my iPAD. it required scanning the QR Code. The IP does show up inside the iPAD applicaiton however I can't find where you set a static IP.

I had hoped it only needed to be setup thru Marks. plugin or a web browser within my network.

in the screen shot below it appears to have accepted the USER/PW to show this web screen

Click image for larger version  Name:	Insteon Hub r3.png Views:	0 Size:	24.6 KB ID:	1452515

In the Insteon Plugin I selected to Swap Interface

Click image for larger version  Name:	Insteon Hub r 4.jpg Views:	0 Size:	57.8 KB ID:	1452509

Entered the new Insteon HUB address 57.7d.d6 to replace the old USB PLM

Click image for larger version  Name:	Insteon Hub r 4b.jpg Views:	2 Size:	26.7 KB ID:	1452518

Click image for larger version  Name:	Insteon Hub r 5.jpg Views:	0 Size:	103.1 KB ID:	1452510

Most of the Devices did not need to be reprogrammed 8 were skipped " I didn't want to walk around the property and put them in link I would fix them later

Click image for larger version  Name:	Insteon Hub r 6.jpg Views:	0 Size:	37.9 KB ID:	1452513

I shut down HS4 and restarted the system

I don't understand how to change the interface port from USB COM 3 to the Insteon HUB IP 192.168.199.142

I get this error to enter a valid Port

Click image for larger version  Name:	Insteon Hub r.png Views:	0 Size:	225.1 KB ID:	1452517
    trying to figure out this error

Many thanks

Devoir

Okay i see with a port :25105 it now has USER/PW

Click image for larger version

Name:	Insteon Hub r8.jpg
Views:	350
Size:	74.3 KB
ID:	1452520

Devoir

Comment

Restarted the Plugin but still have an error.

I made sure the USB PLM 2413U was unplugged from the Laptop

Click image for larger version  Name:	Insteon Hub r9.jpg Views:	0 Size:	57.2 KB ID:	1452522

Hum.... not sure why but it appears it didn't save the change from Com 3 to the new IP

tried re-adding the IP back to the Plugin twice with the same result...

Anyone have suggestion on next step here to get the HUB as the new interface inside HS4?

Devoir

Comment

the username and pswd should be on the bottom of the hub
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Mark,

Many thanks for the response.... It's a little strange but my retesting yielded different results.

I shutdown the HS4 program and restarted. It appears it retained the User and Password from last night

Click image for larger version  Name:	Insteon Hub r10.jpg Views:	0 Size:	70.1 KB ID:	1452658

based on the plugin information in bold it didn't swap the interface

I ran the Program replacement/Swap Interface again

Click image for larger version  Name:	Insteon Hub r12.jpg Views:	0 Size:	26.4 KB ID:	1452659

Not sure why it didn't work the first time. Running swap interface

Click image for larger version  Name:	Insteon Hub r13.jpg Views:	0 Size:	65.7 KB ID:	1452661

followed the prompts from the Plugin to wake up several devices. to migrate them to the new HUB

Click image for larger version  Name:	Insteon Hub r14.jpg Views:	0 Size:	120.8 KB ID:	1452662

============================================================ ===============

Result: Big Success

- I can confirm all switches now correctly turn ON/Off with HS4 control and interact with events.
          - Insteon HUB 2245-222 appears to be very responsive compared to the USB PLM 2413U.

- Swap interface moved most of the devices it appears 6 devices are orphaned. What is the correct way to move these?

Many thanks for your Support.

Devoir

Comment

glad you are making progress.
            you can use the 'program device for homeseer' function on each device page within the plugin. you can then delete the old links that still refer to the old plm
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
            Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
            Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
            Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Deleted the old links as per your Direction...

How do you set the Static IP of this Insteon Hub 2245-222 ? I can't seem to find anywhere on the insteon site how this is accomplished.

Devoir

Comment

you need to do that in your network router or in whatever device assigns IPs to your devices.
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Mark thanks for the confirmation on setting the IP in the router. I guess I didn't do my homework on this unit before setting it up.

Is there any other device like the HUB where you can set the IP within the device?

Devoir

Comment

Originally posted by devoir View Post
                    Is there any other device like the HUB where you can set the IP within the device?
                    Insteon devices don't use an IP address. so i think the answer is No.

Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Mark thanks for the confirmation on setting the IP in the router. I guess I didn't do my homework on this unit before setting it up.

Devoir

Setting a static IP is always done in your router. Depending on the brand, look for the DHCP page, and see if there is a "special range" of lowest-order addresses reserved for static IPs. For example, my Gryphon reserves 192.168.9.x where x = 1 thru 99, so I can have 99 static addresses. Anything above that is at the mercy of the DHCP. Other routers do it differently, where you can just "declare" an address to be static.

Jim Speiser
                      38-year veteran of Home Automation
                      Still don't know squat

Comment

Jim many thanks

I followed your's and Marks advise.... to set the IP in the router..

I use the SABAI.com OS system for whole house VPN. their OS runs on various routers.

Name:	Insteon Hub r15.jpg
Views:	353
Size:	23.0 KB
ID:	1453377

I have just started to use your method inside the Unifi system so have a range of static and range of DHCP....

What's driving this is how the industry is about to change when it comes to selling your home. Just announced this week the Realty Market will require a seller to hand over all IOT device email addresses and passwords at the home closing....

Having just sold a home back Dec 2019 I recognized this misery of shifting the ownership of IOT Devices and have been in the process of setting up this house with intention when selling everything is registered to an Email address .... setting a static IP in a stand alone device is simpler than leaving my router or having other issues with the network.

Devoir

Comment

Jim many thanks

I followed your's and Marks advise.... to set the IP in the router..

I use the SABAI.com OS system for whole house VPN. their OS runs on various routers.

Name:	Insteon Hub r15.jpg
Views:	353
Size:	23.0 KB
ID:	1453377

I have just started to use your method inside the Unifi system so have a range of static and range of DHCP....

What's driving this is how the industry is about to change when it comes to selling your home. Just announced this week the Realty Market will require a seller to hand over all IOT device email addresses and passwords at the home closing....

Having just sold a home back Dec 2019 I recognized this misery of shifting the ownership of IOT Devices and have been in the process of setting up this house with intention when selling everything is registered to an Email address .... setting a static IP in a stand alone device is simpler than leaving my router or having other issues with the network.

Devoir

Useful information. My wife and I decided when we first set up the Gryphon that static is the way to go with just about everything except portable devices like laptops, tablets and smartphones. In fact I think maybe DHCP has outlived its usefulness, especially in the home market. Anything that's nailed down, can have its IP nailed down as well.

Jim Speiser
                          38-year veteran of Home Automation
                          Still don't know squat

Comment

Working...
                          X