INSTEON® 6-Button Scene Control Keypad Single Scene Illumination

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

INSTEON® 6-Button Scene Control Keypad Single Scene Illumination

I have INSTEON® 6-Button Scene Control Keypad (#2487S On/OFF & Dimmer Keyad 2334-222)

it's confusing to know which scene is active because you can push each button toggling it to ON/illuminated. Multiple buttons A -B-C-D are illuminated

============================================================ ============

The buttons A-B-C-D toggle on/off individually. Currently each button controls a scene

Is there a way or a hidden feature to do the following:

Button A is ON ------ Button B is off, Press Button B to ON I want the Button A , C, D to turn off.

In other words if any one button is pressed the other buttons will change state from ON / illuminated to Off/ no light.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Insteon Reve 6.jpg Views:	0 Size:	18.6 KB ID:	1455301

Devoir

using the plugin, you can create a radio group between A & B so that only one can be on at a time.

you can do the same for all four buttons so only one can be on at a time. put all 4 buttons in the same radio button group
    Mark

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 (by Kirby) | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | NetCAM | MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Jon00 Charting
    Platform: HP h8-1360t, Windows Server 2012 R2, i7-3.4GHz, 16GB memory

Comment

Mark,

Here is what I have tried to setup. There is an error here somewhere in how it's configured.

I've tried to follow your instructions on
      - Sync Linked devices for one switch to trigger another device illumination or for the device to follow each other based on button press
      -Radio groups1 only one button at a time is illuminated.

These two buttons are Linked I am trying to create events when only one button is pressed. I only want a single button ON/illuminated to trigger a Hue Scene.

My goal was to have the following:

if any button a-b-c-d is pressed the linked switch also indicates and the corresponding a-b-c-d button is illuminated.

if any button a-b-c-d is pressed any other buttons are off. Both Switches follow only a single button is illuminated/ON

Click image for larger version  Name:	Insteon Reve 7.jpg Views:	0 Size:	120.2 KB ID:	1455473

when i go to one of the switches and and start with all Buttons are NOT illuminated/OFF

Light 1/2 Flood....................................................... ......... Light Back Porch

press A any other button on that switch goes off ... the alternate switch A is illuminated
      press B any other button on that switch goes off ... the alternate switch B is illuminated , A remained ON
      press C any other button on that switch goes off ... the alternate switch C is illuminated, A & B remains on
      Button D didn't test...

Click image for larger version  Name:	Insteon Rev 8.jpg Views:	0 Size:	52.0 KB ID:	1455474

The radio group seem to only work on the device your are touching the other switch never turns off any light as seen in this screen capture. I get same results if you start from the other switch... this leads me to think I've not setup this correctly.........

Many thanks for your assistance

Devoir

Comment

Devoir

I cant say that I have done or even seen this before. Grouping buttons is for local control only and doesn't respond to links as you might think.

delete any links you created from a,b,c,d from either kpl to the other

you will need to create a bunch of insteon groups using the plugin to control/set the buttons from one kpl to the other. you will need 8 groups in total: one for each button controlling the other buttons on the other device.

to get you started:
        1. create a Group called "Flood Button A" the participants are all four buttons on Back Porch, Set A on, and B,C,D Off. Set the controller for the group to Flood Btn A
        2 create a Group called "Flood Button B" the participants are all four buttons on Back Porch, Set A off, and B On, C & D Off. Set the controller for the group to Flood Btn B
        and so on...for C & D

then create the similar 4 groups from the Back Porch for A,B,C,D controlling the Flood buttons in the same way

the groups will create the links you need to control and sync these buttons from one kpl to the other.

Mark

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 (by Kirby) | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | NetCAM | MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Jon00 Charting

Comment

Hum...I scratching my head on this one......

I will attempt to test as you directed...

do you have an example of grouping to show or share ??

Comment

the the below insteon group i use a kpl btn to control the dining room links

a Group/Controller can turn some lights on and some lights off at the same time.

in your case, you would use one kpl button to turn on/off the 2nd kpl btns as needed

this is why you will need 8 groups: 4 from each KPL controller the the other KPL (1 on, 3 off).

Click image for larger version

Name:	dining room group.png
Views:	53
Size:	177.3 KB
ID:	1455709
            Mark

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534

Comment

Mark,

many thanks for the guidance

For each group I setup the 4 buttons on each of the two keypads

Set A on, and B,C,D Off. Set the controller for the group to Button A

replicated this 8 times for each keypad / button each unique as you indicated above

Click image for larger version  Name:	Insteon Rev 10.jpg Views:	0 Size:	65.1 KB ID:	1455890

This created 8 new devices in HS4 in the Group Lights Back Porch

Click image for larger version  Name:	Insteon Rev 11.jpg Views:	0 Size:	132.2 KB ID:	1455891

As you can see in the screen shot above the buttons are not synced following a-b-c-d button press. While the physical button isn't illuminated HS4 show various button illuminated.

First question: What I don't understand is what links the two keypads together.... to sync the buttons

===================================

In the testing

the Backyard Sitting Room Flood Keypad radio works only one button is on at a time. a-b-c-d trigger the event correctly. This keypad appears to work..

the Backyard Flood radio works only one button at a time triggers however the events don't trigger correctly and as shown above the HS4 has multiple buttons illuminated yet the physical Keypad only has one button illuminated.

Second question: Do you see what I'm doing wrong?

===============================================

Devoir

Comment

when you created the groups, the plugin created links between the two KPLs. that is what is suppose to link/sync the buttons. you should see the new links in the link table for each device.

do you have the radio button group setup on each kpl? that is required to maintain local button sync

if you just control the buttons physically does it respond as planned?

you should probably hide/ignore all the group devices created, there is no chance the plugin is going to keep them in sync with reality.
                Mark

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534

Comment

Working...
                X