Looking for HS4 Insteon plugin UI input

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for HS4 Insteon plugin UI input

I'm starting to work on the HS4 UI that involved adding, editing, and deleting Devices and Groups

I guess there are two approaches:

1. Rebuild the complex set of webpages similar to HS3 (this will take longer, and must be changed to fit the new HS4 UI standards )
    2. Build a simple add page for devices and groups, and then have the insteon settings built into the new HS4 feature pages

comments and suggestions welcome on this UI topic only.

** Please don't post issues or comments about using the HS3 plugin with HS4 here. I will delete them. I need to keep this thread focused
    Mark

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 (by Kirby) | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | NetCAM | MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Jon00 Charting
    Platform: HP h8-1360t, Windows Server 2012 R2, i7-3.4GHz, 16GB memory

Even though I have HS4 Pro installed I find that I use the HS3 legacy pages. I mainly use my windows 10 desktop computer and like the more compact HS3 views. So I would prefer option one. But I understand sooner or later I will have to move to the HS4 pages. From a programing viewpoint and future proofing your Insteon plugin option two would be best and I would have to adapt to the new look & feel.

Comment

I'm not exactly sure I understand the impacts of one way or the other, but I will say I do like and often use the Manage Devices page, where I can see all of my Insteon devices listed together with important information. I like checking comm stats and running comm tests from that page. I also like being able to see all of my Insteon groups together, and copying one to make a slightly different one. And then there's the main Insteon config and functions page, I'm not sure where that would go. I don't yet run HS4 and don't know what a HS4 feature page is, so maybe that's where the top-level Insteon config would go?
      HomeSeer 3, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Smart Speakers, Foscam cameras, Amcrest camera, RCA HSDB2a doorbell
      Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

Comment

I started the UI for device settings. the problem as I see it is i can't replicate all the device configurations (edit link, reprogram butns) on the device setting page. I can only put simple settings

see the following post
        https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/li...e2#post1464314
        Mark

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 (by Kirby) | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | NetCAM | MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Jon00 Charting
        Platform: HP h8-1360t, Windows Server 2012 R2, i7-3.4GHz, 16GB memory

Comment

Working...
        X